Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gaudy Monstrousity

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Gaudy Monstrousity

if i heard collinsworth and michaels gush over jerry and his spaceship stadium anymore i was literally going to throw up, so i turned it off, they talked about it every 2 minutes....at one point michaels said, we dont want to go overboard BUT he then showed the inside of the scoreboard, give me a break.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I absolutely loved that they lost both this game in style and the Baltimore game last season on those 2 gaping runs to knock them out of the playoffs.

Absolutely hilarious.

My wife and female coworkers were fond of the poll dancers at the top of the stadium. That place is steeping in tackiness.

I too kinda hoped for the screen to tumble down when noone is around. But after seeing the hockey board collapse that's too freaking scary. I can't imagine what would happen if it fell in a game.

I really hope he can't sell the thing out and they lose all kinda of momentum from this. Definitely Wade is fired after this season unless they win in the playoffs, which they won't. They seem worse than last year. When Parcells and Ireland left for Miami, they were toast. Their good drafts and personnel are starting to drift away as we speak.
    Wonder what boob he'll hire next season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    I absolutely loved that they lost both this game in style and the Baltimore game last season on those 2 gaping runs to knock them out of the playoffs.

Absolutely hilarious.

My wife and female coworkers were fond of the poll dancers at the top of the stadium. That place is steeping in tackiness.

I too kinda hoped for the screen to tumble down when noone is around. But after seeing the hockey board collapse that's too freaking scary. I can't imagine what would happen if it fell in a game.

I really hope he can't sell the thing out and they lose all kinda of momentum from this. Definitely Wade is fired after this season unless they win in the playoffs, which they won't. They seem worse than last year. When Parcells and Ireland left for Miami, they were toast. Their good drafts and personnel are starting to drift away as we speak.
    He'll likely try to throw money at every unemployed coach with a Super Bowl on his resume...Shanahan, Cowher, Gruden, Holmgren, Dungy, Billick, etc.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Absolutely hilarious.

what hockey board, i dont remember that, unless i completely forgot...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609

Absolutely hilarious.

Scroll up to the 3rd post at the top of this page.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Michaels is a TÜL.

I hope the Cowboys go 0 - 8 at home this year.

if i heard collinsworth and michaels gush over jerry and his spaceship stadium anymore i was literally going to throw up, so i turned it off, they talked about it every 2 minutes....at one point michaels said, we dont want to go overboard BUT he then showed the inside of the scoreboard, give me a break.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerBuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    I seen it... you seen it... it happens to be on the NBC morning show today...

...the new stadium in Dallas. This thing is so freakin big, so over-the-top--to the point that, IMO, it borders on being vulgar. (Was this thing built with any public funding? If it was, I would feel personally offended as a taxpayer in that state... not a fan of using public funds for stadium construction.)

All this is happening, BTW, during the worst recession in US history. How can you justify something this obtrusive... this flashy... when regular people are wondering whether they'll have a job or not--meanwhile you look at a giant screen the size of over 2,000 57-inch LCDs laying flat. That's just gross.
    Nope. Jerry Jones paid for it himself.
    Wrong:

The final cost for the stadium will be about $1.15 billion, Jones said during a brief interview at a recent team workout.

Arlington has contributed $325 million to the project and Tarrant County $25 million.

In fairness, hundreds of workers were employed during the construction.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Absolutely hilarious.

Scroll up to the 3rd post at the top of this page.
    wow, i had no idea that happened, that would be the worst sports moment ever if that board fell down during a game......