Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PROUD DAD TIME AGAIN

Re: PROUD DAD TIME AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Great news ! Obviously we don't no each other personally but, you along with others are on this site together and we communicate so I really mean it that I do consider most of you guys better than just some stranger. With having said that, Dang ! I feel proud for both of you and I'm happy for you and your son. Way to go.

Thanks Fezz

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    He's $10 closer to his goal.
    Thanks alot D
    My pleasure!

Pro Bowler

Great news Ford. I have a cousin who participates in the Special Olympics every year. It's one of the greatest programs ever. He's again a little closer to his goal.

The best of luck to Jacob!

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Great news Ford. I have a cousin who participates in the Special Olympics every year. It's one of the greatest programs ever. He's again a little closer to his goal.

The best of luck to Jacob!
    Thanks JAR

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Today Jacob competed in the Regional Special olympics. In standing long jump (gold), 50 meter dash (gold) , soft ball thow (gold) and the 4X100 relay (silver), he also competed in the tennis ball throw (a mistake by his coach) but he won silver in that as well.Tomorrow he plays in 3on 3 basketball.(gold)

Molon labe

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Well done both of you! He may be great, but these kids don't get far with out dad's involvement!!
    I second DJ's insightful comment - congrats to both of you!

And, wow that's a lot of hardware!!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

My 13 year old son was just invited to be on the Wyoming State Special Olympics team, to compete in the 2010 National Games in lincoln Nebraska next summer. He will be the first person from Platte County Wy, to ever make the state team. We are very excited for him, as are his team mates from Platte co.
    Congrats! I'd be interested in hearing the story about his disability and how he was able to make it and qualify. I'm a big fan of the Special Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    My 13 year old son was just invited to be on the Wyoming State Special Olympics team, to compete in the 2010 National Games in lincoln Nebraska next summer. He will be the first person from Platte County Wy, to ever make the state team. We are very excited for him, as are his team mates from Platte co.
    Congrats! I'd be interested in hearing the story about his disability and how he was able to make it and qualify. I'm a big fan of the Special Olympics.

flip- he has been diag with mild Cerebral palsy. He was selected by a drawing of all gold medal winners for the previous year.

Molon labe

Legend

Oh, that's cool. I didn't know how the selection process works. I bet yinz are pretty excited.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Oh, that's cool. I didn't know how the selection process works. I bet yinz are pretty excited.
    That's how it works out here I don't know about other state's, and yes we are very excited

Molon labe