Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timmons re-injures ankle in practice, Sweed hurt too

Starter

User Info Menu

Timmons re-injures ankle in practice, Sweed hurt too

Timmons re-injures ankle in Steelers practice, Sweed hurt too
    by Ed Bouchette

Linebacker Lawrence Timmons returned to practice today for the first time in more than three weeks, then eased off after his left ankle was injured again.

Wide receiver Limas Sweed also left practice with a mid-foot sprain. Their availability for Sunday's game is in question.

Timmons has a high left ankle sprain that was injured in the second preseason game Aug. 22 at Washington. He pulled on his uniform and pads today and joined his teammates for a regular practice, but "tweaked" the left ankle during the afternoon drill.

Sweed and Timmons were listed as having limited participation on the Steelers' official injury report.

Tyrone Carter, who will start for injured strong safety Troy Polamalu, was excused from yesterday's practice for personal reasons. He should rejoin the team Thursday and his status for Sunday's game is not affected.

Veterans Aaron Smith and Hines Ward were held out of practice as normal procedure on Wednesday.

Read more: [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09259/998584-100.stm#ixzz0RIxuzRTb"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09259/99 ... z0RIxuzRTb[/url]
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Timmons re-injures ankle in practice, Sweed hurt too

GD Timmons... quit being a pu$s!

Shut him down for a month then... little bi+ch. Fox can have his job--and if Fox performs well, let his injury-nursing a$s play nickel again.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Unfamiliar with high ankle sprains are we?

They should have kept him out for a few more weeks frankly.
    Build some depth with Fox starting and make sure Timmons is healed for the playoffs.

Guys can play with upper body injuries a bit and contusions and stuff in the legs, but start messing around with ankles for fast guys and you waste players for a whole season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

don't forget when kendrell pushed the recovery on his sprain. he had a monster game in the playoffs against (i believe) cleveland but was never the same again. not sure if that was the reason but clearly his level of play was not the same moving forward. I think Fox is an excellent sub right now. I say let timmons, polamalu rest until the bye. I think with the schedule we have we should be in good shape standings wise. let's have those guys when it counts the most.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Sit him--out of games AND practices--until after the bye.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Damn. We definitely lack a Monster Man with both Troy and Olajuwon out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Damn. We definitely lack a Monster Man with both Troy and Olajuwon out.
    This man disagrees:

There are still several other Monster Men to choose from on our defense.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

It's amazing how different people report on the same events. Bouchette writes that Timmons "reinjures" his ankle. Dale Lolley reports nothing of the sort, and says that

Linebacker Lawrence Timmons was back at practice Wednesday in a limited basis as he further tested his sore ankle, pushing forward toward playing Sunday in Chicago.

He did not, however, work in the team portion of the practice.
    So who's right about this??? You wonder if the PG is pushing for the "sensational" angle by saying he reinjured his ankle, when maybe it's just that the ankle is sore from getting the first on-field action in a few weeks.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis
    It's amazing how different people report on the same events. Bouchette writes that Timmons "reinjures" his ankle. Dale Lolley reports nothing of the sort, and says that

Linebacker Lawrence Timmons was back at practice Wednesday in a limited basis as he further tested his sore ankle, pushing forward toward playing Sunday in Chicago.

He did not, however, work in the team portion of the practice.
    So who's right about this??? You wonder if the PG is pushing for the "sensational" angle by saying he reinjured his ankle, when maybe it's just that the ankle is sore from getting the first on-field action in a few weeks.
    Nice find steelsnis.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Starter

User Info Menu

Hmm. Wonder which it is.