Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rivers has a higher ceiling than Ben and Eli

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Rivers has a higher ceiling than Ben and Eli

I heard that crapola last night too. Everyone must be in love with Rivers. Is he gay?

So far the score is:

Ben 2
    Eli 1
    Rivers- A great big fat 0 goose egg.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    I heard that crapola last night too. Everyone must be in love with Rivers. Is he gay?

So far the score is:

Ben 2
    Eli 1
    Rivers- A great big fat 0 goose egg.

Allegedly, he was witnessed in the act of clothes shopping with Brady and Quinn.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We have Ben ...

who cares about anyone else

As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    We have Ben ...

who cares about anyone else

You sure know how to shut the others up. Great post!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't put Rivers in my top 5 in the league right now. Ben's better. Brady's better. Peyton's better. Brees is better. I think even Aaron Rodgers is better.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I heard the commentators say that about Rivers' high ceiling. I just thought he meant to fit his oversized head!!???

Was I wrong?

Legend

User Info Menu

Rivers doesn't need a high ceiling because he throws his passes side-arm.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why the heck wouldn't Ben still have 'a high ceiling'?

I mean, Rivers has already peaked, I think, when it comes to stats. 34 TD's in a year is pretty good. He's on a team that always chokes in the post season, so he has that to deal with.

Ben's career started with a running game and they seem to be evolving into a passing game more and more. Remember when the announcers would say he needs to pass around 20 times per game and if he passes more than 30, they will probably lose? Now, it's the opposite. He's gonna have to pass at least 30-35 times per game just to keep us in it.

I would say that Ben has a higher ceiling than Rivers.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Backup

User Info Menu

That was Young. He's never thought much of Ben. He's not the kind of QB Young was. And so if it's not like Young, it's no good. I've never been much of a fan of Young's as a commentator. He's a little to high and mighty on how QB's should play the game. His way was right way kind of attitude.

Legend

User Info Menu

Was it last year or the year before that another list of young QBs came out? On that list there was only one QB that was in the top 'elite' level - Jay Cutler.

Now it is Rivers who is the best of the young bunch....good for him.

These lists are arbitrarily compiled by random writers who do not watch each team evenly. However, my main question is this:

Philip Rivers has played most of his career to date with the greatest offensive weapon of the last ten years at his disposal. A player who can help out his offense equally with the threat of the run or pass. That same weapon is rapidly deteriorating. How does this help increase a QB's ceiling?