Thread: This is where Timmons will need to step up.

Starter

User Info Menu

This is where Timmons will need to step up.

With Troy out, this is where Timmons is more valuable than Keyaron Fox, with his ability to go sideline to sideline. So to say we will need LT back (at a healthy pace) in this time period would be the understatement of the century.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: This is where Timmons will need to step up.

I agree. Several of Collins' completions to the TEs don't happen last night if Timmons is playing.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Can he play SS? Leave Fox in the game and move Timmons to SS. :P

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

Actually, last year, Timmons did take over for Troy as a "safety" in certain down and distance situations, and excelled doing it. That's why it's so important for him to be healthy for next week's game with Troy down for a while.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Great point. Timmons would be nice to have for that ability you mention, as well as his ability to cover the TE. Let's hope he recovers quick...
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Starter

User Info Menu

Yup, and Cutler to Desmond Clark / Greg Olsen has potential to get pretty annoying.

On the optimist side, Tyrone Carter does have experience playing in Chicago back in his Vikings days.

Backup

User Info Menu

I thought Fox covered sideline to sideline pretty well. He ran down Johnson and prevented him from turn the corner on the sideline, making an open field tackle. Not saying I don't want Timmons back, but Fox didn't look like a slouch by any means.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NWNewell
    I thought Fox covered sideline to sideline pretty well. He ran down Johnson and prevented him from turn the corner on the sideline, making an open field tackle. Not saying I don't want Timmons back, but Fox didn't look like a slouch by any means.
    Yeah I'm just saying his forte is more in the run game, stuffing the middle, when compared to Timmons. Like mentioned above, Timmons has the ability to look like Strong Safety out there, which says a lot. I would never say that about Fox.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WoodleyofTroy
    Quote Originally Posted by NWNewell
    Yeah I'm just saying his forte is more in the run game, stuffing the middle, when compared to Timmons. Like mentioned above, Timmons has the ability to look like Strong Safety out there, which says a lot. I would never say that about Fox.
    Well, we will see how he stops the run game next week against Forte.