Thread: Steelers add Tuff Harris to practice squad

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers add Tuff Harris to practice squad

The Steelers today added Tuff Harris, a DB that was cut by the Titans, to fill out their 8 for their practice squad. Harris played in six games for the Titans last season.

Steelers add eighth player to practice squad
    Monday, September 07, 2009
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    The Steelers this morning filled out their practice squad of eight players when they signed defensive back Tuff Harris, 26.

Harris was cut by the Tennessee Titans, where he played six games last season. He played one game for the Miami Dolphins in 2007. He played college ball at Montana.

First published on September 7, 2009 at 10:48 am

[url="http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09250/996226-66.stm"]http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09250/996226-66.stm[/url]
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers add Tuff Harris to practice squad

I also saw that Seattle signed Roy Lewis. That sucks. I liked Lewis.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Interesting picking a former Titan up just 3 days before we play them. I wonder if he's being grilled?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Patriots were pretty notorious in picking up at least one of our ex players before we played them. Probably helped deciphering hand signals so they could show Ernie Adams.

I saw RB Mike Hart was released by the Colts. Anyone think he could bring anythign to the table or at least would be worth signing to the PS over someone else we put on there? NT Terrance Taylor was also released. I thought he would have been an interesting pick.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    The Patriots were pretty notorious in picking up at least one of our ex players before we played them. Probably helped deciphering hand signals so they could show Ernie Adams.

I saw RB Mike Hart was released by the Colts. Anyone think he could bring anythign to the table or at least would be worth signing to the PS over someone else we put on there? NT Terrance Taylor was also released. I thought he would have been an interesting pick.
    I use to like Michigan (before this Rodrigez crap, flag football offense came to town) and one thing in football i've been pretty solid on over the years is the RB position.

And Mike Hart is not and will not be a good NFL RB. I thought that coming out of college and still think that today.

I think right now, RB and WR is pretty well stacked on this team.

If anything we need to address the O-Line
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Pats aren't the only ones that do that kind of stuff. We've done it before as well.. anyone remember Patrick Cobb?

Legend

User Info Menu

Terrence Taylor seemed like a solid NT candidate prior to the draft. If the Colts don't add him to their practice squad, I wouldn't mind adding him to ours (over someone like Justin Vincent or Dezmond Sherrod).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Terrence Taylor seemed like a solid NT candidate prior to the draft. If the Colts don't add him to their practice squad, I wouldn't mind adding him to ours (over someone like Justin Vincent or Dezmond Sherrod).
    No.
    I thought the same like you prior to the draft (about Taylor). But if the Colts (who are absolutely starved for interior DL) don't want him, chances are that he just isn't that good.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Interesting picking a former Titan up just 3 days before we play them. I wonder if he's being grilled?
    He will be the recipient of a Dick LeBeau “mind meld” before the airplane engines have even cooled.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow! another DB! I wonder what the FO is thinking here? I would think OL would be a focus for the PS. I suppose they know that good DBs get very pricey at contract time and it may be much more cost-effective to constantly groom young guys to replace FAs. Plus wasn't Tomlin a DB coach at one time? So that may also explain the obsession.......