Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Joystick' gets new jersey number !!

Starter

User Info Menu

'Joystick' gets new jersey number !!

Jim Wexell -

Get your new jersey numbers: Stefan Logan 11, Joe Burnett 27, Shaun McDonald 81. Also, Donovan Woods is 7th of 8 PS member.
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Stefan 'Joystick' Logan gets new jersey number !!

Stefan Logan: This one goes up to 11.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: 'Joystick' gets new jersey number !!

Stefan Logan #11 -

As in how many jock straps are left in his wake at the end of a punt return.

L.B.

Starter

User Info Menu

Stefan Logan likes being a secret
    Posted by ESPN.com’s James Walker

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers safety Ryan Clark got a good chuckle at the sudden media attention his newest teammate, Stefan Logan, received in the locker room recently, which included a certain reporter in attendance.

“That’s going to be all over ESPN’s AFC North blog,” Clark said smiling.

At the moment Logan, a 5-foot-7 CFL import, is enjoying life as Pittsburgh’s best-kept secret. But as Clark warned, it may not last for long.

Logan has been electric in returning kicks in the preseason for the reigning champs. He will get several opportunities to impact Thursday’s primetime season opener against the Tennessee Titans.

“I want to be a best-kept secret,” Logan said. “That’s fine with me. I know guys are going to be game-planning to try and stop the special teams, but we’re going to game-plan, too.”

Pittsburgh’s special teams were average last season. The coverage units and kicker Jeff Reed did their part, but the punting and both returns were glaring weaknesses.

Although it didn’t impact the Steelers’ Super Bowl run, they still addressed those holes in the offseason with a healthy return of punter Daniel Sepulveda from a knee injury and adding a host of return prospects via the draft and free agency.

In the end, Logan stood out most among the group.

“Every time he catches the ball I hold me breath,” Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said. “You don’t know what he’s going to do, and it’s a great feeling.”

After making the team, Logan changed his number from 41 to 11 to fit more with Pittsburgh’s receivers. That’s fine with Logan, who started training camp as a long shot and played his way on the Steelers' 53-man roster.

“It’s a blessing for me to be here with the Super Bowl champs,” a happy Logan said. “When I found out that I made the roster, it was kind of a touching moment.”
    Link: [url="http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth"]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I think your secret's already out there, Joystick. And if it is not, it will be Thursday night fo' sho'....
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Where did this "joystick" nickname come from?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    Like a video game...he's got joystick moves.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I get that, still the other, errr phallic implications aren't so good.

Starter

User Info Menu

Get your mind out of the gutter.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    Get your mind out of the gutter.
    Even though no one uses an actual Joystick since the Atari 2600, the nickname "Joystick" (even with the potential phallic implications) is still less gay than the more modernized "Wii-mote"
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.