Thread: Tomlin Declares 3 Players Out vs. Bills

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin Declares 3 Players Out vs. Bills

per PPG...

Three out, five questionable for Steelers game Saturday
    Thursday, August 27, 2009
    By Ray Fittipaldo, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin today declared three players out for Saturday night's preseason game against Buffalo and listed five others as questionable.

Quarterback Dennis Dixon (shoulder), tight end Sean McHugh (knee) and offensive lineman Darnell Stapleton (knee) will not play.

Those who are questionable include: kicker Jeff Reed (ankle), receiver Santonio Holmes (back), running backs Willie Parker (hamstring) and Frank Summers (hamstring) and defensive tackle Steve McLendon (elbow).

Tomlin said the starters will play at the first half against the Bills. This is the most important preseason game for the starters because the first-team offense and defense won't play much in next week's final preseason game at Carolina.

"We'll analyze it at the half and decide where we'll go from there," Tomlin said. "More than anything we want to see 30 minutes of Steelers football and then make some determinations at the half."

Ray Fittipaldo can be reached at [email="rfittipaldo@post-gazette.com"]rfittipaldo@post-gazette.com[/email] or 412-263-1230.
    First published on August 27, 2009 at 3:38 pm

Read more: [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09239/993690-100.stm#ixzz0PQyw6uJG"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09239/99 ... z0PQyw6uJG[/url]
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Tomlin Declares 3 Players Out vs. Bills

You can't make the club in the tub.

Frank the Tank better get his big azz on the field or he'll find it on the practice squad!

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess that means that Ben's gimpy ankle is good to go, eh?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben's locked, cocked and ready to rock!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Ben's locked, cocked and ready to rock!
    Ummmm, that's what SHE said

Legend

User Info Menu

McHugh's chances of making this team just took a major hit. If he is out 4 weeks as predicted it is unlikely the team would hold a roster spot for him. David Johnson may had just won his own "lottery."

Summer is destined for the practcie squad. He obviously needs a year of physical conditioning. He has been described as "Very tight" and may need a more professional approach to his training regimen.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

What's the story with Reed's ankle? Anything to worry about?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    What's the story with Reed's ankle? Anything to worry about?
    I read he stepped in a hole and sprained it. Just a precaution I'm sure. No need him running after a returner.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I hear it's just some Drama Queen action from those two back-to-back misses last weekend...kickin' it Sweed style! LOL.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION