Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Reilly over Dennis Dixon?

Starter

User Info Menu

Mike Reilly over Dennis Dixon?

Jim Wexell twitted...

So today we get a better look at Mike Reilly. Strong arm. Coaches have liked what little they've seen.
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Mike Reilly over Dennis Dixon?

I doubt he wins the number 3 spot. I think best case scenario is Reilly earning a spot on the P.S., Dixon proving he can handle the number 2 spot during the season, and Reilly winning the number 3 spot next year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Funny thing is Reilly went to college 30 miles from where I live, but I don't think that I ever heard of him until the Steelers signed him!

Of course,

Legend

User Info Menu

I've heard too many good things about Dixon's progress in year 2 to allow a single "tweet" (I hate that word) about Reilly's arm to make me consider Reilly over Dixon. I agree that the practice squad is a best case scenario for Reilly this year, and maybe he gets his shot at #3 in 2010.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Uncle Rico

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Funny thing is Reilly went to college 30 miles from where I live, but I don't think that I ever heard of him until the Steelers signed him!

Of course,
    I never heard of Reilly either until Ron Jaworski started comparing him to Tom Brady on draft day.

Backup

User Info Menu

This is a really stupid thread.

The offseason makes people desperate.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Jim's Tweet is the only topic i have seen that said anything good about the kid. All of the other news feeds/tweeters I have been following say he looks like a first day cut.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    Jim Wexell twitted...

So today we get a better look at Mike Reilly. Strong arm. Coaches have liked what little they've seen.
    I haven't seen him play yet but heard good things about him. If he is good as they say he is and he has a great preseason...There could be a chance they try to put him on the PS. Normally they wouldn't do that. However, the time has come for Dixon to take the #2. Batch will most likely see his last year on the sideline in a Steelers jersey. There will be room for a #3 in 2010. The problem is trying to keep him on the PS. With the lack of depth at the QB position in this league it would not be surprising for any team to sign him off the Steelers PS roster to their 53 to be a #3 on gameday. If you look across the league at the #3's...He doesn't have a big hill to climb. Especially when a number of them have hit their ceilings and this guy could have a bucket of talent without a handle.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned
    Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler

Of course,
    I never heard of Reilly either until Ron Jaworski started comparing him to Tom Brady on draft day.
    i think the comparison was more of nobody thought brady would be any good and was drafted in the 6th round or so and he turned out to be very good type thing. reiley went undrafted, i think jaws meant it as it was a huge steal for the steelers. not reiley will be as good as brady. of course that is just my interpratation

Legend

User Info Menu

Funny who two people can look at the same thing and come away with a completely different impression:

From Dale Lolley's Blog:

© With Ben Roethlisberger sitting out today, we got a good look at young quarterback Mike Reilly. All I can say is this: He'd better be very smart because he doesn't look like he has NFL-caliber arm strength.
    [url]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2009/08/wednesdays-thoughts.html[/url]