Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If a fan died in Pittsburgh, what would seem fair????

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: If a fan died in Pittsburgh, what would seem fair????

If they want to kill, send them to war and let some innocent young kids come home....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerBuck
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    I don't think its fair to characterize fans of certain cities as good or bad. There are jackasses everywhere. The only road Steeler games I've been to have been vs the Jets and Bengals. And for the most part, the majority of the people are fine. Its the few that make it bad for the many.

Just a shame someone had to die.

Philly fans and half the city are just miserable people. I lived there for 5 years and they are loyal to a fault and always expect the worst...

they are pessimist and have a hate for life like I have never seen.. I think it's the "we aren't NYC" thing...
    I've lived here in Philly for the past five years and I totally agree. They all tell me that their teams fail due to the "Curse of William Penn". If you all don't know what this curse is, look it up. It's complete garbage.

Thank God I'm originally from Western Pennsylvania. THE CITY OF CHAMPIONS!!!
    That is when they built building taller then city hall right?

do you go to Wolf and Hounds or whatever that place is called downtown? I used to watch games there.. lived on 15th or 16th and South..

Even when the Phillies won they booed the commish and the opponent... Philly fans.. miserable in the good times....
    You're right about the curse. They think that the curse might be broken because of the new Comcast Building......they put a small replica statue of William Penn at it's highest point. Since then, the Phillies won a title. As I said, paranoia at it's finest.

I don't go downtown to watch the games. I've had Sunday Ticket for the past ten years. It's expensive but I figure I'm saving money over the long run instead of going to a sports bar every Sunday.

Backup

User Info Menu

I used to live in Center City (23rd and Spruce). The Fox and Hound used to be my home bar for watching the Steelers. We completely took that place over. They had Iron City for us and the local news sent over reporters for the 05 playoffs. The Steeler bar here in Dallas is only a shadow of that place. I've really considered starting my own club here based on how the Philly and Baltimore clubs were run.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel
    I used to live in Center City (23rd and Spruce). The Fox and Hound used to be my home bar for watching the Steelers. We completely took that place over. They had Iron City for us and the local news sent over reporters for the 05 playoffs. The Steeler bar here in Dallas is only a shadow of that place. I've really considered starting my own club here based on how the Philly and Baltimore clubs were run.
    I used to be at the Fox every Sunday. One of my friends is a diehard Eagles fan (but, unlike the majority of their fan base, actually a decent human being, aside from this flaw ) and lives in 1500 Locust, which is just around the block. He met me at the Fox after the 2005 Super Bowl. It was great -- everybody drinking Iron City, Steelers fight songs playing, and my friend just standing there, stunned, with a look of total defeat.

I haven't been to the Fox in two seasons. It was just too crowded, and standing for 3 or 4 hours, barely able to get a beer, was just not worth it to me. I now watch the Steelers at another bar around the corner, if they aren't on tv. The owner will put the game on in the back for me, as long as I promise not to turn it into a Steelers bar.