Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Miller locked up until 2014

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Miller locked up until 2014

Quote Originally Posted by True Fan
    seems like alot of money tp spend on a position that is so easy to replace, especially this offense
    I'd disagree that a TE like Heath is easy to replace in the Steelers offense. If you look at the top 5, or even the top 25 TEs in the league, there are very few multi-dimensional TEs like Heath. Most are over-sized WRs (Gonzalez, Witten, Clark, Winslow, et. al) with no blocking ability.

Heath is a legit threat as a receiving option, and an effective blocker. When was the last time the Steelers had that at the TE position? Tuman was an effective blocker, but never developing into a receiving threat. Bruener was a great blocker, but after his rookie season, he never topped 20 catches. I think you would have to go back to Eric Green in the early 90s to find a Steelers TE who performed well as both a blocker and receiver.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    seems like alot of money tp spend on a position that is so easy to replace, especially this offense
    I'd disagree that a TE like Heath is easy to replace in the Steelers offense. If you look at the top 5, or even the top 25 TEs in the league, there are very few multi-dimensional TEs like Heath. Most are over-sized WRs (Gonzalez, Witten, Clark, Winslow, et. al) with no blocking ability.

Heath is a legit threat as a receiving option, and an effective blocker. When was the last time the Steelers had that at the TE position? Tuman was an effective blocker, but never developing into a receiving threat. Bruener was a great blocker, but after his rookie season, he never topped 20 catches. I think you would have to go back to Eric Green in the early 90s to find a Steelers TE who performed well as both a blocker and receiver.
    Spaeth needs to work on his blocking but he can catch like Heath and when Miller was hurt we didn't miss Heath at all...

I like to keep vets who know the system but if Miller left we wouldn't suffer a big drop off.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Spaeth needs to work on his blocking but he can catch like Heath and when Miller was hurt we didn't miss Heath at all...

I like to keep vets who know the system but if Miller left we wouldn't suffer a big drop off.
    I agree that Spaeth did a fine job catching the ball when he subbed for Heath, but he is a huge downgrade from Heath as a blocker.

Legend

User Info Menu

The two games that Heath missed were a loss to the Colts 24-20 followed by a 11-10 squeaker win over the Chargers. Perhaps if Heath were active, he might have been the difference against the Colts (since even though Spaeth caught 6 balls, we all know he can't block worth a lick) and he may have helped the game against the Chargers to not be close enough to have to come down to the final play (the weird Troy non-TD-interception-return thing).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i beg to differ. spaeth's blocking needs work i will say that his hands are very good but spaeth isnt half the te heath is once he catches the ball. miller has a lot more speed and is a lot more agile than spaeth will ever be. i doubt there are a whole lot of te's in the league that could out run heath or is as agile as he is. man this is excellent news!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Steelers have won 2 SBs since drafting Miller...the year before he was drafted, the Steelers went 15-1 but lost in the playoffs...

There are things that Miller does that do not show up on stat sheets...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

i beg to differ. spaeth's blocking needs work i will say that his hands are very good but spaeth isnt half the te heath is once he catches the ball. miller has a lot more speed and is a lot more agile than spaeth will ever be. i doubt there are a whole lot of te's in the league that could out run heath or is as agile as he is. man this is excellent news!!!
    Another good point. Even though Spaeth can catch the ball, he always seems to go down easily upon first contact. Heath, however, is one tough mother to bring down. He'll be happy to run over you or drag you along for the ride.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.