Thread: This quote made me chuckle...

Starter

User Info Menu

This quote made me chuckle...

On Steelers.com they are running a Q&A session with Joe Burnett and I
    just had to laugh out loud at the following:

Q: Have you heard yet how passionate Steelers fans are about the team and are you looking forward to playing for a team with that kind of atmosphere?

Joe Burnett: Yes I have heard about it. I heard that when you win a game they celebrate Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. When you lose they are mad Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I heard the passion is unbelievable. On a scale of 1 to 10 it’s a 10. I am excited about being in that crowd. I like that. We had rowdy fans in college. I am looking forward to the tradition here in Pittsburgh.

I'd have to say guilty as charged and add in Friday and Saturday too!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: This quote made me chuckle...

Yea, I was wondering why he stopped at Thursday. And, to be brutally honest, when we lose, it goes straight through to the next Sunday. When we win, we glow for Monday and Tuesday, then get back to business and start breaking down the next opponant. Plenty of time for long-term glowing after our final win in February.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

it really is amazing how true this is. My Monday's suck when we lose on Sunday. The air smells just a bit sweeter when we win.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

celebrating stops Sunday night or never after a SuperBowl....

madness never ends.....even preseason losses stick with some of us forever......

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Yea, I was wondering why he stopped at Thursday.
    My first thought was that perhaps he thought Friday morning was when the Tailgating started for the next game.

L.B.