Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SN1 = official season ticket holder...FINALLY!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: SN1 = official season ticket holder...FINALLY!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Man, I got a phone call this morning from the Steelers Ticket Office. They called to let me know my time on the waiting is up. I am now an official season ticket holder. I now have 4 tix (PSL's and all) in section 505. I am so pumped. I went on the waiting list in April 1995. So, if any of you went on around then, you may be getting a call soon. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Ah, I finally don't have to sweat and worry about where I'm going to find tix anymore.
    Congrats, man!

How much was the PSL for each of your seats in 505?

We didn't have to pay a PSL for our bleacher seats up in 525 back when Heinz opened.
    RB,
    The PSL's were 250 per seat. They are fully transferable which is why we ended up buying them.
    Not bad at all, considering that you'd need to take out a mortgage if you plan to be a season ticket holder in the Cowboys stadium opening this season (the PSL charge per seat, depending on where you would be sitting, would be $16000, $35000, $50000, $100000, or $150000). Imagine being a family of four who had great seats passed down to them, and now Jerry Jones sends you a bill for 600K? I'm sure they could pull a cool half-mil out from under their mattress and would only need to take out a second mortgage for the additional $100000. Disgusting. Oh, and by the way...after those Cowboy fans pay those outrageous PSL fees, those tickets still cost $340 per game (including the preseason games). Makes the Steeler Legend Club look like an absolute bargain by comparison. Anyone still think the Jerry Joneses aren't ruining the game?
    Wow! I had no idea they were that ridiculous! And think, they havent even won a playoff game since 1996. LOL
    Same thing is happening here with Giants tickets. I know some guys who've had to give up their seats because they just can't afford them anymore. And these seats have been in their families for years. Really sad.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Same thing is happening here with Giants tickets. I know some guys who've had to give up their seats because they just can't afford them anymore. And these seats have been in their families for years. Really sad.
    There goes the home field advantage. The real fans who would yell and scream aren't able to afford it anymore. Rich guys who sit on their hands will take their place (except for cold weather games when the pampered rich folk won't show up at all).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wonder if the current economic situation is forcing some people to give up their PSL's.

Of course, why would you give them up without dying when you can sell them on ebay?

[url="http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=steelers+p sl&_sacat=See-All-Categories"]http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories[/url]
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

feelthesteel

ive never been to heinz but i want to go
    ive been to 3 rivers years ago 94
    i want to take my kid to a game her first.
    what game would be the best to go to? of course she'll have too miss school.
    and where is the best place to grab tickets ebay? i would need 3

anyone know any decent hotels $ close by as well.
    comin in from jersey.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feelthesteel
    ive never been to heinz but i want to go
    ive been to 3 rivers years ago 94
    i want to take my kid to a game her first.
    what game would be the best to go to? of course she'll have too miss school.
    and where is the best place to grab tickets ebay? i would need 3

anyone know any decent hotels $ close by as well.
    comin in from jersey.
    You can try getting individual game tickets from the team directly at face value this Saturday morning (be quick though...they sell out in mere minutes).

We are all getting together for the Sunday night game against the Chargers. Leave early Sunday morning (I drive in from the Scranton area, so you have just a slightly longer drive than me) and spend the afternoon with the crazies that post on this board. See the "Planet Steelers Tailgate" thread that is stickied at the top of this board for more details. We'd be happy to have you then!!!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ah, I finally don't have to sweat and worry about where I'm going to find tix anymore.
    What, and miss the thrill of the hunt? It's a big day this Saturday for us non-season
    ticket holders. I'll be lucky to get one regular season game (gunning for the tailgate.)

It's really a challenge. I have my people across the area set up at computer stations
    and we have to communicate through walkie talkies. It looks a little like a scene Wall Street.

Jiga: 1 minute wait.
    Jiga: Damn, 3 minute wait
    Mrs. Jiga: Less than a minute
    Jiga: Couldn't get through on the Charger game, moving onto the bengals.
    Mother-in-law: Typing in password for Giants game. Yankee Doodle Floppy Disk.
    Jiga: What's the status on that Giants game?
    Mother-in-law: Lost them, couldn't enter credit card number in time.
    Mrs. Jiga: Got through on Ravens. Entering information.
    Jiga: You got 2 or 4?
    Mrs. Jiga: What?
    Jiga: 2 or 4, do you have 2 tickets or 4 tickets?
    Mrs. Jiga: 4
    Jiga: Okay, I only got 2, I'll let time expire. You go through on the 4.
    Little Miss Jigawatts: Daddy, I'm hungry.
    Jiga: I'm busy!!!!!!!!!
    Mrs. Jiga: Got em.
    Jiga: I hate ticketmaster.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    What, and miss the thrill of the hunt? It's a big day this Saturday for us non-season
    ticket holders. I'll be lucky to get one regular season game (gunning for the tailgate.)

It's really a challenge. I have my people across the area set up at computer stations
    and we have to communicate through walkie talkies. It looks a little like a scene Wall Street.

Jig,
    I feel your pain bro. For the playoffs last yr I had my wife working on getting both games and I was working on getting both games...while at school...try "teaching" 23 5th graders and managing your anger because Ticketmaster cut me off! I was close to tossing computer out the 2nd floor window!
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts

Jig,
    I feel your pain bro. For the playoffs last yr I had my wife working on getting both games and I was working on getting both games...while at school...try "teaching" 23 5th graders and managing your anger because Ticketmaster cut me off! I was close to tossing computer out the 2nd floor window!
    You should have requested computer lab time when the tickets went on sale. You could have had 23 minions trying to get you your Steeler tickets under the guise of a lesson on e-commerce. :P

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jig,
    Hopefully it works out, but it's going to be a little tougher because Mrs. Jigawatts won't
    be there. I think she's actually going to be at some craft show in Miserable Ridge. She's
    the good luck charm. Usually I never get through and for whatever reason she does.

But no worries. I'll be joining you as a season ticket holder in about 40 years when
    construction is complete on WalMart Stadium of Pittsburgh.