Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why did Pens switch to Saints colors???

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Why did Pens switch to Saints colors???

I think I may have posed this question last year. I'm not a big hockey fan, but I watched last night and I'll watch tonight and of course, root for the Pens. But when and why did they change from the Black and Goldenrod to Black and regular Gold uniforms???

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Why did Pens switch to Saints colors???

I don't know but, I hope they didn't feel it would have given them an edge for this cup series ?

Legend

User Info Menu

At the end of the last decade...err...century...umm...millenium...whateve r...they switched from this:

to this:

(well, Crosby wasn't there in 2000, but you get the idea).

Earlier this season, I was at the game in which the Pens wore their old powder blues at home for the first time since the 1970's. I bought myself a #25 Max Talbot edition to mark the occasion.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    At the end of the last decade...err...century...umm...millenium...whateve r...they switched from this:

to this:

(well, Crosby wasn't there in 2000, but you get the idea).

Earlier this season, I was at the game in which the Pens wore their old powder blues at home for the first time since the 1970's. I bought myself a #25 Max Talbot edition to mark the occasion.

I guess I was more interested in the "why" more then the "when" they changed and if anyone knew the reason.

BTW, the powder blue throwback is pretty cool!!

Legend

User Info Menu

People say black and gold so much, it's about time someone finally made the switch to the right colors.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    People say black and gold so much, it's about time someone finally made the switch to the right colors.

Legend

User Info Menu

That's funny, though not a hockey fan I was wondering the very same thing yesterday when I saw a photo of the "Gold" on their uniforms - "looks like Saints!".

Doesn't bother me as much as those Steeler throwback uniforms ... looks too much like the Browns home uniforms.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

I never hear any one refer to any of the Pittsburgh teams as the Black and the Goldenrod.

Maybe you could start doing that to shame the Pens.

Although they did a pretty good job of shaming themselves the last 2 days in Detroit.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    That's funny, though not a hockey fan I was wondering the very same thing yesterday when I saw a photo of the "Gold" on their uniforms - "looks like Saints!".

Doesn't bother me as much as those Steeler throwback uniforms ... looks too much like the Browns home uniforms.
    A black jersey with gold letters and a gold helmet looks like a brown jersey with white letters and orange helmets?

The only similarity I see is the block numbering, which we never should have eliminated. That is the only improvement I would make to our uniforms...the return to block numbers.

Is a better looking jersey than

in my opinion.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

I never hear any one refer to any of the Pittsburgh teams as the Black and the Goldenrod.

Maybe you could start doing that to shame the Pens.

Although they did a pretty good job of shaming themselves the last 2 days in Detroit.....
    Yeah, it just sounds a lot better than the Black and Yellow

I was just curious who made the decision to make the switch. Could you ever imagine us changing over to Black and (real) Gold like the Pens did???