Thread: Destiny: 2006 Draft - Santonio Holmes at 1.25 ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Destiny: 2006 Draft - Santonio Holmes at 1.25 ...

I was looking at the 1st round of this draft class a few minutes ago. There were at least few players drafted ahead of us that I wonder if we would have taken if they'd been available:

1) Mario Williams, LDE
    2) Reggie Bush
    3) Vince Young
    21) Lawrence Maroney
    25) Santonio Holmes

I don't think anyone would have faulted us for going with any of the above. Imagine if we had ... no magic in XLIII

It was destiny, I tell you!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Destiny: 2006 Draft - Santonio Holmes at 1.25 ...

Why would we have drafted Vince Young? Answer we wouldn't have but I agree with the other guys. I'm glad we got Santonio out of that bunch. Mario WIlliams would have been great to have though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    Why would we have drafted Vince Young? Answer we wouldn't have but I agree with the other guys. I'm glad we got Santonio out of that bunch. Mario WIlliams would have been great to have though.
    With Mario we'd have to switch to the 4-3.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We would draft Vince Young because he doesn't hold on to the ball too long and take unnecessary sacks.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    We would draft Vince Young because he doesn't hold on to the ball too long and take unnecessary sacks.
    It is difficult to hold the ball and take unnecessary sacks while holding a clipboard.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Holmes is no Lendale.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chavezz
    Holmes is no Lendale.
    Yeah, if Ben were throwing to LenDale in the corner of the endzone, we wouldn't have had to worry about him getting both feet down, because a layer of blubber would have been dragging along the ground the whole time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Holmes is no Lendale.
    Yeah, if Ben were throwing to LenDale in the corner of the endzone, we wouldn't have had to worry about him getting both feet down, because a layer of blubber would have been dragging along the ground the whole time.
    One fat roll = two feet?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Holmes is no Lendale.
    One fat roll = two feet?
    He would drag belly fat and @$$ fat simultaneously. That counts as two feet. LenDale probably hasn't been able to see his feet since elementary school anyway.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Holmes is no Lendale.
    One fat roll = two feet?
    Actually, it does!!
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!