Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stanley Cup Finals. Discuss.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Stanley Cup Finals. Discuss.

No words to express the feeling yet (other than the "Lord Stanley, Lord Stanley Bring Me The Brandy" from my other thread), so I will resort to pictures. I may have coherent thoughts about the game tomorrow (then again, maybe not)...

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Stanley Cup Finals. Discuss.

Still hard to find words. In the end, we didn't win because we had the two best players in the world. Our captain was forced to watch almost helplessly for more than half the game after being injured, so others had to step up. Defensive pressure from guys like Orpik, Scuderi, and Gill. Grit and determination from guys like Kennedy, Staal, and Cooke. Flower was the man in net, erasing the whole "out of the final four goalies, he is the only one without a Cup on his resume." And, of course, the ultimate contribution from the do-it-all Maxime Talbot, my favorite player from way back when he played a couple of seasons like a whirling dervish down with my hometown W-B/S Penguins in the AHL. He can center the fourth line or be a top-six winger. He can kill penalties or be the sixth skater brought onto the ice to score a tying goal with the goalie pulled. He can go down in flames early at the World Series of Poker, but still have a great time doing it. He makes the cheesiest commercials of all time, with his "Jiggy-Jiga" treatment and his self-proclaimed "Call Me Superstar" status, which he has now lived up to, and then some. He even posed with a Stanley Keg once upon a time (although I'm sure drinking out of the real thing last night was soooo much sweeter). Here's to my main man Mad Max...he may be more of a character than any other Pittsburgh athlete I can think of aside from Jeff Reed, and the two of those guys reportedly are great friends. Could you imagine spending a night on the town with those two whack-jobs? I wanted to pull my powder blue Talbot throwback out of the closet today, but I will wait until Monday for that so I can wear it to work instead.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.