Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pens-Caps. Discuss.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Pens-Caps. Discuss.

Great game by the Pens. If they play like that, they could beat anyone. Fleury's huge save on the Ovechkin breakaway set the tone, then 2 quick goals shortly thereafter, and another 2 quick goals early in the second that chased Varlamov, virtually shutting the door on the Caps. This could be the start of something really special, along the lines of the late 70's Habs, early 80's Islanders, or mid 80's Oilers.

Although it would be satisfying to see the Red Wings lose (the Ducks advancing keeps the possibility of getting home ice in the Stanley Cup Finals, and could set up Whitney and Kunitz facing their former teams with the biggest prize on the line). On the other hand, it would be mighty satisfying to have a re-match with the Wings in the finals, and shoving it in Hossa's face when we beat them this time.

First things first, though, and I will be rooting for the Canes to knock off the Bruins so that we have home ice advantage in the Eastern Conference Finals, plus the Staal vs. Staal match-up, Fleury vs. Ward, the memory of Brooks Orpik breaking Erik Cole's neck, etc. I don't fear the Bruins by any means, but I like the storylines with the Canes better (Cowher will not crank that alarm thingee in Carolina when the Pens visit) and would certainly prefer to have home ice advantage whenever possible.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Pens-Caps. Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Although it would be satisfying to see the Red Wings lose (the Ducks advancing keeps the possibility of getting home ice in the Stanley Cup Finals, and could set up Whitney and Kunitz facing their former teams with the biggest prize on the line). On the other hand, it would be mighty satisfying to have a re-match with the Wings in the finals, and shoving it in Hossa's face when we beat them this time.
    True, but first things first. The Pens need to bring home Lord Stanley's Cup. I think I would prefer to see Chicago over Detroit in the finals for just that reason.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.