Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pens-Caps. Discuss.

Re: Pens-Caps. Discuss.

Severe thunderstorms are expected in Atlanta tonight. I hope they don't lose the FSN
    feed again.

The last time that happened the game was also being broadcast on Versus. But since
    I have FSN Pittsburgh they black it out on Versus.

You think that when you lose a feed for a PLAYOFF game that Direct TV could show it
    on Versus.

Hall of Famer

Talk about pressure in OT last night! Malkins goal puts the pressure on W to win 2 in a row, one at the Igloo. I think we close it out Monday at home, we are the deeper team and have 2 superstars.

So when do they start showing every game on regular TV? Wasnt it the Conf Championships last year?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel

So when do they start showing every game on regular TV? Wasnt it the Conf Championships last year?
    Not sure DoS, but I think it was just the finals.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Once per series, I expect Marc-Andre Fleury to stand on his head and steal a game, simply not allowing the other team to win no matter how hard they may try. He did that in game 4 against the Flyers with 45 saves in a 3-1 victory, but it hasn't happened in this series yet. I can see him shutting down the Caps tonight in a series clinching victory on home ice. Tonight, Fleury's big-game experience shines through, and Varlamov's inexperience dooms the Caps.

Hall of Famer

I wish, I wish, I wish I could watch it.
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Wasn't that a kick in the head?

I'm not too confident in the Pens winning game 7 in Washington after that momentum shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Wasn't that a kick in the head?

I'm not too confident in the Pens winning game 7 in Washington after that momentum shift.

I don't see it as a momentum shift. We dominated play for the vast majority of the game (particularly in the first and third periods), but we have to start taking advantage of more of our scoring opportunities, and Fleury has to shut the door like a true franchise goalie should be able to do.

We have outshot Washington in every game of this series (total SOG 227-161) but have scored 21 goals to their 20. How can we get off 66 more shots than them, but only score one more goal? Our goalie, with all of his playoff experience, is allowing the Caps to score on 12.4% of their shots on goal, while their rookie goalie is holding us to 9.25% shooting. This series has come down to one game, and it is up to Fleury to step up and take the game. Shut the Washington fans up.

By the way, nice job making this the first NHL thread to reach page 2, folks (and D Rock thought it would only be me posting on this thread). Now, I can only hope that my thread of Mike Lange quotes to recap each of the 16 wins we need to take the Cup can make it to a second page.

I read where the games in this series have been tied or within one goal of each other for 92% of the time. Tonight, I think we put an end to that and give ourselves a bit of a cushion, finally. I think the hard-working third line of Staal, Kennedy, and Cooke contribute for two first period goals and we also get another on the power play (I'd love to see Gonchar be able to play in game 7 and score on a big slapper from the point), putting us up 3-0 after one. I think things could get a bit nasty after that, with a fight possible (even though Brashear and Godard are unlikely to dress). The Caps may score a goal or two after that, but so do we...I'm looking at a final in the neighborhood of 5-2, allowing us to advance to the next round, facing either the Bruins or Canes, who will have their own game 7 showdown tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    We have outshot Washington in every game of this series (total SOG 227-161) but have scored 21 goals to their 20. How can we get off 66 more shots than them, but only score one more goal?
    And that's what's so discouraging. The Pens have thrown everything at this kid and he
    continues to make some unbelievable saves. Sometimes horseshoes win over skill, but
    I'm hoping his luck runs out tonight.

And M.A.F., he needs to play lights out. Don't let anything get by.

Even though Sarge skated yesterday, word is he won't play. At least that's what Madden
    said in yesterdays show. I'll post later if he gives anymore updates today. Usually he
    seems to have the inside information.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    We have outshot Washington in every game of this series (total SOG 227-161) but have scored 21 goals to their 20. How can we get off 66 more shots than them, but only score one more goal?
    And that's what's so discouraging. The Pens have thrown everything at this kid and he
    continues to make some unbelievable saves. Sometimes horseshoes win over skill, but
    I'm hoping his luck runs out tonight.

And M.A.F., he needs to play lights out. Don't let anything get by.

Even though Sarge skated yesterday, word is he won't play. At least that's what Madden
    said in yesterdays show. I'll post later if he gives anymore updates today. Usually he
    seems to have the inside information.
    Yes indeed, did the kid's luck run out tonight. Perfect timing. Now we can sit back and root for Detroit to lose. (even though they are my second team, Im from Michigan)