Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What I thought we should have done...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: What I thought we should have done...

Yo', SteelersXLIII!!

(Sorry, just had to say that once - maybe it'll stick with everybody else).

with the Foote news today, sounds like I was right on that ILB call... Beckwith in the 7th would have been SWEET.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Yo', SteelersXLIII!!

with the Foote news today, sounds like I was right on that ILB call... Beckwith in the 7th would have been SWEET.
    I don't disagree that an ILB would have been alright to add, especially in the 7th with that second pick.

That said, they would have to beat out some stiff competition. Bailey was just re-signed and is an excellent special teamer, as is Fox. Neither of them are going anywhere. We'll likely develop someone on the PS in case of injury.

I am curious as a while ago, I thought you complained when I had a mock with Jasper Brinkley in it? Wasn't that you?
    1. Ziggy Hood DT/DE
    2. William Moore S
    3. Antoine Caldwell C/G
    4. Donald Washington CB
    5. Sammie Lee Hill DT/DE
    5. Terrance Taylor DT
    6. Lydon Murtha OT
    7. Frank Summers RB
    7. Tiquan Underwood WR

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For the most part, I agree with your logic - instead, I'd have kept the first CB, but, would have gone with Myron Pryor instead of the 2nd CB. Similar outcome, just different guys.

my last pick would have been Darry Beckwith or Trevor Canfield. Basically, somebody who actually had a chance to make the team.
    I don't know dick about the college talent compared with some of you guys, but I have to disagree on Burnett SoD. Punt return was one of our biggest needs and has been for some time. This kid has an unbelievable resume and it seems his only knock is being a midget. Even with that hanging over him (no pun intended), he was first-team all-conference as a kick returner, punt returner, and corner...I'll take him!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelers43
    Yo', SteelersXLIII!!

I don't disagree that an ILB would have been alright to add, especially in the 7th with that second pick.

That said, they would have to beat out some stiff competition. Bailey was just re-signed and is an excellent special teamer, as is Fox. Neither of them are going anywhere. We'll likely develop someone on the PS in case of injury.

I am curious as a while ago, I thought you complained when I had a mock with Jasper Brinkley in it? Wasn't that you?
    I loved brinkley... only way i would have complained is if you had him too early.

I hope Fox or Bailey can be sufficient should on of the guys go down.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok, had it been Chadman drafting- using the picks the Steelers HAD-

1. #32 FS Louis Delmas- The Steelers only have 1 Safety on the books next season (at this point). In Chadman's opinion, Delmas has more 'special' ability than Hood.

2. #64 DE Jarron Gilbert- The need for young DL was evident. The Steelers took Hood, Chadman would have grabbed Gilbert here. Still- Hood looks te goods.

3. #96 OG Tyrone Green- Green went at the end of Round 4, but Chadman would have grabbed him about here. Steelers got Urbik in Rd 3, so they probably got better value.

4. #132 NT Terrence Taylor- Would have been a great pick-up in this spot.

5. #168 CB Joe Burnett- Hard to argue with the guy the Steelers actually got here.

5. #169 RB Frank Summers- as above.

6. #205 LB Zach Follett- Very good, athletic player that could have filled a need now that Foote is likely gone.

7. #226 OC A.Q. Shipley- Hard to argue with the value the Steelers aquired with this pick. Chadman had Shipley going in Rd 3-4, but hey- at Rd 7- that's good work.

7. #241 DE Will Johnson- Looked like a prototype 3-4 DE to Chadman. That players like him were not drafted does certainly allude to the posibility of a 4-3 coming...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

43, good call.
    I was in the chat thread on day 2 pulling hard for taylor in the 3-5 range.
    I thought we missed out bigtime by not taking him, and was hoping that we packaged a pick or two to move up in the 5th to get him.

your list would have been a better outcome, although I am quite pleased with what we wound up with.

time will tell.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrules!!
    43, good call.
    I was in the chat thread on day 2 pulling hard for taylor in the 3-5 range.
    I thought we missed out bigtime by not taking him, and was hoping that we packaged a pick or two to move up in the 5th to get him.

your list would have been a better outcome, although I am quite pleased with what we wound up with.

time will tell.
    Yeah, I really can't complain. I'm sure they had their reasons for not taking him. I just feel he is a much better player than where he was drafted.
    1. Ziggy Hood DT/DE
    2. William Moore S
    3. Antoine Caldwell C/G
    4. Donald Washington CB
    5. Sammie Lee Hill DT/DE
    5. Terrance Taylor DT
    6. Lydon Murtha OT
    7. Frank Summers RB
    7. Tiquan Underwood WR