Thread: who are you pulling for to win in game 7?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

who are you pulling for to win in game 7?

So I follow the Pens pretty closely, but I'm not completely up to speed on the entire NHL yet like I am with the NFL. Just started really getting into hockey this season.

Ruthless...who would you rather have win these two game 7's between the Canes-Devils and Caps-Rangers? What matchup advantages/disadvantages do the Pens have against these teams and the Bruins?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: who are you pulling for to win in game 7?

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    So I follow the Pens pretty closely, but I'm not completely up to speed on the entire NHL yet like I am with the NFL. Just started really getting into hockey this season.

Ruthless...who would you rather have win these two game 7's between the Canes-Devils and Caps-Rangers? What matchup advantages/disadvantages do the Pens have against these teams and the Bruins?
    If both lower-seeded teams advance (Carolina and New York), we would have home ice in the next round, which is nice. If both higher seeded teams advance (New Jersey and Washington), we would have to go to Boston next, which would suck.

From a pure entertainment standpoint, wins by the Canes and Caps would be what the networks are hoping for. A Pens-Caps series would make for enthralling TV. Players on both teams have a genuine hate for one another. It would be like if the Steelers-Ravens AFC Championship game was played in a best out of 7 series. You would also have a potential Staal vs. Staal matchup in the conference finals if the Pens and Canes (the two hottest teams at the end of the regular season) advanced.

If I had to choose, I guess I would have to go for the Devils eliminating the Canes (Carolina was one of the hottest teams entering the playoffs and Jersey was one of the coldest...until the Devils beat the Canes in the last regular season games for both teams). Although we split the season series with the Devils, we dominated them when we last played on April Fools Day. I'm not overly worried about Madden trying to shadow Crosby and do not have the fear of Brodeur that I would have had a couple of years ago. I would then have to root for the Rangers to knock off the Caps, since we would need one lower seed to advance in order to avoid the Bruins in the next round. Getting rid of Ovechkin, Semin, and the rest of those D.C. putzes would be fine with me at this point.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.