Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cincy was having a solid draft, but couldn't help themselves

Legend

User Info Menu

Cincy was having a solid draft, but couldn't help themselves

They would have been better off taken Eugene Monroe over Andre Smith in my opinion, but it is hard to argue with draft class of:

1 6(6) Andre Smith OT Alabama
    2 6(3 Rey Maualuga ILB USC
    3 6(70) Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
    3 34(9 Chase Coffman TE Missouri
    4 6(106) Jonathan Luigs OC Arkansas
    5 6(142) Kevin Huber PT Cincinnati
    6 6(179) Morgan Trent CB Michigan

However, then they pick Bernard Scott. Will they ever learn? There will be a place for Michael Vick and Plaxico Burress in this league when they get released from prison.

Scott has been arrested at least five times, most recently for stealing an iPod, giving false information to a police officer and fleeing a police officer.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Cincy was having a solid draft, but couldn't help themselves

Yeah, I knew the pick was coming. When we had a private workout with the guy I knew he was way too talented for Mike Brown to pass up.

Overall I like our draft. I would love it if our coaching staff is able to control and get the most out of the players. The talent is second to none, but talent was never our problem (At least not recently). We'll see how it goes. I have faith in Zimmer kicking Michael Johnson and Rey Maualuga's arse. I just hope the rest of the coaching staff can get the other players to contribute as well.

I'm very impressed with the center we got Luigs. I was indifferent on him but reading the transcript from his interview he definitely knows the division and what he has to do to be successful.

Of course the big issue I see looming is hold outs. Even though Rey went in the 2nd, I'm guessing he probably wants low 1st round money, and Mike Brown ain't really the giving type.

BTW, Ben better learn the art of the hook slide...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They have built a pretty decent front seven over there!!! Not bad at all with Maualuga, Rivers, Jones and Jeanty at LB and Peko, Tank, MJ and Geathers up front its pretty solid. I think their secondary is pretty darn good too with the two young corners and the young safeties. That team could surprise this year and challenge the Steelers more than the Ravens. I thought they had that possibility last year but Palmer got hurt. This is definitely a team on the rise.

I didn't understand taking Andre Smith over Eugene Monroe though??? Jom, any insight on this???
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oh yeah I forgot!!!

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    They have built a pretty decent front seven over there!!! Not bad at all with Maualuga, Rivers, Jones and Jeanty at LB and Peko, Tank, MJ and Geathers up front its pretty solid. I think their secondary is pretty darn good too with the two young corners and the young safeties. That team could surprise this year and challenge the Steelers more than the Ravens. I thought they had that possibility last year but Palmer got hurt. This is definitely a team on the rise.

I didn't understand taking Andre Smith over Eugene Monroe though??? Jom, any insight on this???
    Right now I would predict the Bumgals finishing 2009 in second place in the AFC North. They got some good players.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

Right now I would predict the Bumgals finishing 2009 in second place in the AFC North. They got some good players.
    I like them in that spot too but they do have some glaring weaknesses!!! Their WR situation is unknown at this point because we don't know what Ocho is going to give them although I think Coles will add probably about as much as TJ did. Their OL will need to gel quickly and Luigs or Cook will really need to step forward at center. I think Coffman may step in a be a big factor in the passing game for Palmer. All in all, that team could be very dangerous come November, December, and January!!!!

am I saying????

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wonder about the future of Levi Jones w/ this Smith pick? Jom...? And would the steelers be interested in him if he passed a physical?

PS: Re: cinci wr's; If chris henry can keep his sh!t squared away, he can be good. He has made some huge plays against us.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Wonder about the future of Levi Jones w/ this Smith pick? Jom...? And would the steelers be interested in him if he passed a physical?

PS: Re: cinci wr's; If chris henry can keep his sh!t squared away, he can be good. He has made some huge plays against us.
    He will be a Buffalo Bill by the end of the day that he is cut by the Bengals. The Bills are in desperate need for a LT after trading Peters and not getting a LT in the draft until late. If they don't fix that situation Trent Edwards won't last a month.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    6 6(179) Morgan Trent CB Michigan
    SWEET, they picked up Morgan "Toast" Trent! After watching Ohio State abuse this guy for four years, now I get to watch the Steelers do the same.....assuming he makes the team.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G

He will be a Buffalo Bill by the end of the day that he is cut by the Bengals. The Bills are in desperate need for a LT after trading Peters and not getting a LT in the draft until late. If they don't fix that situation Trent Edwards won't last a month.
    Thats right forgot about the bills not addressing that situation this weekend. Oh well, Levi won't come cheap or without physical ailments