Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "I Just don't get our draft" thread

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Official "I Just don't get our draft" thread

Seriously.

I think we got scooped in every round. Look at the players that went in the 10 picks or so before us. Could have been a much different draft.

I really, really fear for our O-Line and for our D-Line (after another year).

We don't need TWO cornerbacks. The WR was a luxury that could have waited.

GRRRR.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: The Official "I Just don't get our draft" thread

Seriously? This was a really good draft. We addressed needs early, and got good value players. Joe Burnett was too good a value to pass up in the 5th. He's a good corner and returner.

Backup

User Info Menu

I absolutely love the draft. Best draft since 04 imo.

CJ Spillman still on the board as well as a ton of OL including Shipley.
    1. Ziggy Hood DT/DE
    2. William Moore S
    3. Antoine Caldwell C/G
    4. Donald Washington CB
    5. Sammie Lee Hill DT/DE
    5. Terrance Taylor DT
    6. Lydon Murtha OT
    7. Frank Summers RB
    7. Tiquan Underwood WR

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Seriously.

I think we got scooped in every round. Look at the players that went in the 10 picks or so before us. Could have been a much different draft.

GRRRR.
    Personally, I love this draft. I guess you will have to be disappointed.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Seriously.

GRRRR.
    I get what you are saying about the players chosen ahead of us- but disagree with the overall assessment.

I like the draft- I think the team filled holes where possible without overpaying-I think the FO decided that they were not willing to move up and overpay, in what is apparently a weak draft.

Having said that- the team does/will likely have a few issues after next season.

Who plays center?
    Who plays either LT or RT?
    Who plays nose tackle?

It would be ridiculous to expect the team to be able to fill all of its needs in one single draft- but it will pretty much guarantee that Hampton is extended- and they make a move in the 1st round next year to get a starting caliber LT.

just my thoughts

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think you are way off base. How can you not like this draft class?

If you really thought that we'd add more than 1 OL and 1 DL in the first 3 or so rounds then you just don't understand what's going on. The roster can only take so many OL and DL especially on a team that is as deep as the Steelers.

I mean, we did just win something right? Or are we the Lions?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Seriously. Almost no one in the 6th or 7th round makes it.

So, in a draft where we needed at least 2 on the OL and 2 on the DL, we took one on each.

It doesn't matter who we draft in the 6th or 7th.

Their chances are MINIMAL that they even make the team.

Since we got 2 CB (AND JUST SIGNED ONE THIS WEEK) -- are we going to say goodbye to Gay or Deshea???

One will have to go.

Unless one will move to safety.

Which we didn't address.
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Our two biggest needs were addressed first with big uglies. Love that. We got replacements for Nate, BMac, and Russell. We improved our punt and kick return, which has been sorely lacking since Randle El went to Washington. I would have done some things different, personally, but I cannot find any major fault with this draft. Everyone so far has the chance to make the team and contribute. I don't see any major reaches. No prima donna attitudes. A bunch of Steeler-type guys. I'm pretty happy thus far.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why don't you pull up the roster?

How can you sit there and think that a second DL is really going to push off a Kirschke or Eason? 2 guys that have NFL experience. And SB rings I might add. Hood is going to probably take one of their positions...

Same goes for the OL.... There's enough competition there as it is..... This has been said for many many weeks and months now.

The 53 man roster will only have 5 or 6 OL on it.

Can you name the 5 or 6 already? So, how could extra OL from the draft beat out the vets? One is enough from this draft. I'm sure they will add a few more to round out the 80+ man roster for summer.. And someone from there could impress....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Our two biggest needs were addressed first with big uglies. Love that. We got replacements for Nate, BMac, and Russell. We improved our punt and kick return, which has been sorely lacking since Randle El went to Washington. I would have done some things different, personally, but I cannot find any major fault with this draft. Everyone so far has the chance to make the team and contribute. I don't see any major reaches. No prima donna attitudes. A bunch of Steeler-type guys. I'm pretty happy thus far.
    Its hard to argue with any single pick (As far a value or character), but I am more concerned with the overall "theme" of the draft.
    another AA/AS original.