Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Burnett & Frank Summers

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Joe Burnett & Frank Summers

2 excellent pickups. I like the way our secondary is shaping up!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Joe Burnett & Frank Summers

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    I would have liked more big uglies out of this draft...

Big Ben better get used to running around.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

very good draft so far, cant complain at all. preaseason will be very entertaining

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We are really attacking our needs. I would like to see the rest of the picks be OL and DL....maybe an ILB thrown in there.......or FS.......although I think Tomlin is high on Roy Lewis from Washington who was on the PS as a possible FS.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

YES!!!!!!!

Two great picks. Add a OL and DL in Round 6 and we have a great draft shaping up.

Either Burnett or Lewis will likely move to Safety or at least get tried there

Burnett solves the return game problem and questions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch

Still got 3 picks, plus our OL was very, very young last year. You were looking at an OL that was thrown together and consisted of two first time starters in Kemoeatu & Stapleton, one second year OT, and a center who we picked up in FA before the season. Give them some time to gel together and learn their craft before we cast them off as losers. I mean they did win the Superbowl with that horrible line so they can't be all that horrible.
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

Big Ben will get sacked a ton regardless of who we have on the line. If he wants to get sacked less, he can but until he decides to take what is given and mentally master the game, expect him to continue to hesitate, run around and yes, get sacked.

Excellent draft so far.

Get Shipley in the 6th and I am thrilled.
    1. Ziggy Hood DT/DE
    2. William Moore S
    3. Antoine Caldwell C/G
    4. Donald Washington CB
    5. Sammie Lee Hill DT/DE
    5. Terrance Taylor DT
    6. Lydon Murtha OT
    7. Frank Summers RB
    7. Tiquan Underwood WR

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh

Still got 3 picks, plus our OL was very, very young last year. You were looking at an OL that was thrown together and consisted of two first time starters in Kemoeatu & Stapleton, one second year OT, and a center who we picked up in FA before the season. Give them some time to gel together and learn their craft before we cast them off as losers. I mean they did win the Superbowl with that horrible line so they can't be all that horrible.
    I would say we won in spite of them, not because of them. :P

But I see where you're going.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

why wasnt burnett drafted higher? everything i have read about him is amazing. he sounds like an excellent return man, playmaker, excellent speed and a good tackler

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Nice! The punt return problem is definitely addressed with Burnett and "The Tank" is a load who could be the guy in short-yardage situations...fantastic!

Burnett was named as an All-American by ESPN.com, Sports Illustrated and the Walter Camp Football Foundation after a record-setting senior year for the Knights. In 2008, Burnett was the only player in the nation to rank in the top 20 of both kickoff and punt returns, ranking seventh in kickoff returns and 10th in punt returns. He led C-USA in both disciplines. With 102.17 yards per game to place 88th, Burnett became just the third player since 2000 to finish the season ranked in the top 100 nationally in all-purpose yardage despite not gaining any of those yards either rushing or receiving. This past fall, Burnett, in his first season as a kickoff returner, ran two back for touchdowns, coming against in-state foes USF and Miami, both of which were ranked at various points in 2008. Burnett completed his extraordinary UCF career as the school's record holder in numerous major categories including career interceptions (16) and punt return yards (1,304). Burnett is the Conference USA career record holder for most punt return yards and ranks 19th in NCAA history in that category. He stands second in C-USA annals with his 16 career interceptions. He scored a total of five career special teams touchdowns including a UCF-record three on punt returns.

Following the season, Burnett was named the Conference USA Special Teams Player of the Year and was also named first-team All-C-USA as a defensive back, punt returner and kick returner, marking the first time that a player has been named to the first team at three different positions. In addition to his stellar performances on the field as a Knight, Burnett received his bachelor's degree in criminal justice in December.