Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

84 - Mike Wallace, WR

Anybody know anything about him?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Funny to dig into the archives. These are comments from when we drafted Wallace.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Funny to dig into the archives. These are comments from when we drafted Wallace.
    Now we know his weakness was he was a real douche when it comes to his money. Not that I fault him personally for that. Just sux for our team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And Mike Wallace makes himself known in twitter-world, now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    And Mike Wallace makes himself known in twitter-world, now.
    Mike Wallace Reacts To Jason Collins Coming Out As Gay, Tweets 'I Just Don't Understand It'

The Huffington Post | By Chris Greenberg
    Posted: 04/29/2013

The list of professional athletes expressing their support for Jason Collins' decision to come out as gay included Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Mardy Fish and Chris Kluwe.

Mike Wallace is not on that list.

Unlike some of his more enlightened peers who offered encouragement and applauded Collins, the 26-year-old Miami Dolphins wide receiver sent out a pair of tweets sharing his confusion regarding homosexuality on Monday.

"I'm not bashing anybody don't have anything against anyone I just don't understand it," Wallace tweeted, via NFL.com. "All these beautiful women in the world and guys wanna mess with other guys SMH..."

Wallace would soon delete the tweets but they had already been retweeted many times.

Not long after deleting the tweets, Wallace tweeted again, claiming he never "said anything was right or wrong" and sort-of apologized.

While Wallace's remarks were in the minority on Monday, they do reveal some of the attitudes facing closeted athletes considering coming out.

[URL]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/29/mike-wallace-tweets-jason-collins-gay_n_3179633.html[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Mike Wallace Reacts To Jason Collins Coming Out As Gay, Tweets 'I Just Don't Understand It'

The Huffington Post | By Chris Greenberg
    Posted: 04/29/2013

The list of professional athletes expressing their support for Jason Collins' decision to come out as gay included Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Mardy Fish and Chris Kluwe.

Mike Wallace is not on that list.

Unlike some of his more enlightened peers who offered encouragement and applauded Collins, the 26-year-old Miami Dolphins wide receiver sent out a pair of tweets sharing his confusion regarding homosexuality on Monday.

"I'm not bashing anybody don't have anything against anyone I just don't understand it," Wallace tweeted, via NFL.com. "All these beautiful women in the world and guys wanna mess with other guys SMH..."

Wallace would soon delete the tweets but they had already been retweeted many times.

Not long after deleting the tweets, Wallace tweeted again, claiming he never "said anything was right or wrong" and sort-of apologized.

While Wallace's remarks were in the minority on Monday, they do reveal some of the attitudes facing closeted athletes considering coming out.

[URL]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/29/mike-wallace-tweets-jason-collins-gay_n_3179633.html[/URL]
    So, applauding that particular lifestyle makes one "enlightened." Whatever...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, The Onion is all over it, too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wally was probably just trying to get free Chick-Fil-A sammiches or something?

Glad his immaturity is gone.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Wally was probably just trying to get free Chick-Fil-A sammiches or something?

Glad his immaturity is gone.
    Made me laugh out loud, Flip. Thanks. My wife thinks I'm manic now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

HaHa!! He's an idiot.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!