Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: 84 - Mike Wallace, WR

he's fast and can return kicks.

thats all i got.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Second fastest 40 time in the combine (not sure what the number was). Good deep threat, good return man, lacks an intermediate game. Played at the senior bowl but don't really know if he made any sort of noticeable impact.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

nope i know nothing about him. i would have perferred tate from unc even if he likes to get high. him and tone would have gotten along well with each other

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Analysis from NFL.com

Positives: Looks the part. Athletic build with room for additional mass. Rare straight-line speed. Eats up the cushion quickly and can blow by the defender. Smooth acceleration and has a late burst to pull away if being challenged. Can track the ball over his shoulder. Developing into a more reliable route-runner and pass-catcher. Has the foot quickness and balance to be a good route-runner and can sink his hips. Generally uses his hands to make the reception, though he still allows too many into his pads. Has some lateral agility to make defenders miss. Helped himself with a solid week of practice at the Senior Bowl.

Negatives: Still a work in progress as a route-runner. Learning to sink his hips and explode out of his cuts, as he has to gather himself too much. Struggles a bit against press coverage. Has to use his hands better to gain a quick release. Lets too many passes into his pads, resulting in some ugly drops. Doesn't consistently show the vision and elusiveness in the open field to truly capitalize on his pure speed. Needs an open lane as a returner to break off a big gain.

Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange.

I also remember Mayock talking about him at the Combine and having good things to say. He seems to have all the tools and needs some coaching to flourish. I like the pick.

Mayock just said "one of the fastest human beings I've ever timed"

100$handshake

ESPN is too busy slurping on the Cheatriots and Giants picks.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Anybody know anything about him?
    another great pick.

Fastest guy on the team the minute he steps into the lockerroom.

Faster than Santonio, similar hands, just not as developed. Better special team return man than Holmes. Instantly contributes.
    1. Ziggy Hood DT/DE
    2. William Moore S
    3. Antoine Caldwell C/G
    4. Donald Washington CB
    5. Sammie Lee Hill DT/DE
    5. Terrance Taylor DT
    6. Lydon Murtha OT
    7. Frank Summers RB
    7. Tiquan Underwood WR

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 100$handshake
    ESPN is too busy slurping on the Cheatriots and Giants picks.

They just talked about him on NFL network. And Frankthetank Tate went the pick before to the Patriots.

Starter

User Info Menu

Mike Mayock just said he's the fastest human being he's ever clocked. Had him at 4.28 on his stopwatch. Also said he instantly upgrades the speed and athleticism of the Steelers.