Thread: Happy Draft Day Planet Steelers!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Happy Draft Day Planet Steelers!!!!!

Today is the day dreams are made.

What lies ahead for the Steelers?

Who will they pick?

Will they trade up?

Trade Down?

Who will be the BPA?

Will they surprise us?

Will they pick the guy you want?

Will they pick a player that makes you say WTF?

Will you cheer for their pick like you cheered when Ben's pass stuck on Santonio's finger tips and Santonio's toe tapped the grass inside the endzone in XLIII?

Will todays picks be the next great Steeler?

Who will fall?

Who will reach?

Who will get traded?

Today is the day dreams are made.

Good luck Steelers!!!!!

And happy draft day to the planet!!!!!!

WooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Happy Draft Day Planet Steelers!!!!!

Draft Day is like NFL Christmas.

Except only the Lions get to open up their present under the tree first thing in the morning (with the news of the Stafford signing). The rest of the teams have to wait at least until 4:00, and we will be twiddling our thumbs past 8:00. Only fans of the Bears, Cowboys and Panthers have to wait longer (the teams with no first round picks).

I miss the days when the draft started at noon-ish and we had 3 rounds on day one.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Happy Draft Day Planet Steelers!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Draft Day is like NFL Christmas.

Except only the Lions get to open up their present under the tree first thing in the morning (with the news of the Stafford signing). The rest of the teams have to wait at least until 4:00, and we will be twiddling our thumbs past 8:00. Only fans of the Bears, Cowboys and Panthers have to wait longer (the teams with no first round picks).

I miss the days when the draft started at noon-ish and we had 3 rounds on day one.
    While I'm happy we got a top notch DT in the first round and 2 more picks in the 3rd today. I was a little bummed when the 2nd round ended.

I knew there were only going to be 2 rounds.

But when we got those 2 extra 3rd rounders, I was ready for us to pick them last night.

Oh well, at least this makes day 2 the best day 2 ever.