Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: think will take Frank the Tank from UNLV

feelthesteel

think will take Frank the Tank from UNLV

Just wondering he's a load

cool vid on the kid

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz2iGgUrQpI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz2iGgUrQpI[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: think will take Frank the Tank from UNLV

yes
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think there is more than a good possibility they could draft him if he is still there in the 7th. They sent alot of people to his pro day and brought him in to Pittsburgh. Kirby Wilson wants his "Bus"!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    I think there is more than a good possibility they could draft him if he is still there in the 7th. They sent alot of people to his pro day and brought him in to Pittsburgh. Kirby Wilson wants his "Bus"!!!
    If he is there in Round 7 as late as we pick he will probably end up as a UDFA. Still wouldn't be a bad last minute grab and if he is successful he would probably be the beginning of the end for FWP. We are really deep at RB.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I would rather a pure blocking FB like Quinn Johnson, Tony Fiametta, or Brandon Southerland to replace Carey Davis on the roster (I long for the days of guys like Lester, Witman, or Kreider). Putting a guy like that in the I-formation at the goal line in front of Mendenhall or Russell would be better than drafting Summers to be the guy to carry the ball in those situations, in my opinion.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I would rather a pure blocking FB like Quinn Johnson, Tony Fiametta, or Brandon Southerland to replace Carey Davis on the roster (I long for the days of guys like Lester, Witman, or Kreider). Putting a guy like that in the I-formation at the goal line in front of Mendenhall or Russell would be better than drafting Summers to be the guy to carry the ball in those situations, in my opinion.
    I like "old school" just like you Ruth. I just look at how much Davis was used down the stretch and see that position being phased out. McHugh's versitilty may spell the end to Davis eventually anyway. The Summers kid looks like he can be a lead blocker at FB at this level in this offense. The fact that he looks like the power back we have been missing since Bettis seems to have the Steelers interested too. Great hands out of the backfield and good athleticism. With the evolution of this offense, I think the writing is on the wall. In my opinion, McHugh and Summers would have more value in Arians offense than McHugh & Davis. I like Davis, but dressing a guy for 10-15 offensive plays without touching the ball is looked at. Davis's spot is secure because of his ST contributions. However, I would begin to believe if a kid (rookie) comes in here with equal production as Carey with more upside on offense but can show he can play ST too...Davis might be pushed off the roster in due time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin likes versatility and this guy appears to have it, fullback, blocker, pass catcher (bobbles, but held on) and in a pinch could be the tailback. He carried the ball nice and high and tight to his body it will be difficult to dislodge it from him. He showed some decent speed once out in space and ran with his head up. He didn't just hit a hole and try to run everyone over, although, he was difficult to get on the ground.

taking him in the 6th or 7th round wouldn't be a bad thing, IMHO. He appears to be able to do quite a few things, similar to Fuamatu Ma'afala.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This wasn't a bad vid either:

[youtube:1sj4lczr]41ev5xHCX9I[/youtube:1sj4lczr]
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    This wasn't a bad vid either:

[youtube:3j4jr383]41ev5xHCX9I[/youtube:3j4jr383]
    Listening to his interview and seeing this kids versitilty...It's hard not to see a Steeler's uniform on him next season. It looks like he wants to be a ST to make a team. If he goes to the Steelers & shows consistency as a lead blocker...His running skills and ST play might spell the end for Davis. If Russell is truely gone...There is a role for him on this team. The funny thing is if Logan pans out & Summers is drafted...The Steelers could have their very own "Sproles" & "Drew" on the roster. Summers isn't as fast as Sproles but his low center of gravity and quick feet draws comparison. He looks like a Drew/Bettis hybrid.

Starter

User Info Menu

We'll probably never have another Jerome Bettis,..he was a maybe once every 50 years player. However this Summers sure strikes me as someone that we could consider a "Baby Bus",......................

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC1OFDMdMik"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC1OFDMdMik[/url]
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...lCzar76Sig.jpg

"We’ll have a mix-and-match concept that hopefully will see us through.” ~Tomlin