Thread: Kudos to Coach Dan Bylsma and the new look Penguins

Legend

User Info Menu

Kudos to Coach Dan Bylsma and the new look Penguins

Since replacing Michel Therrien as Pens head coach, Byslma has led the team to a 18-3-4 down the stretch (that's an amazing 40 out of a possible 50 points). Whether you think it was the coaching change, the return of Sergei Gonchar to the lineup, or the acquisitions of Chris Kunitz, Bill Guerin, and Craig Adams that was the biggest reason for a move from 10th place to 4th place in the Eastern Conference standings, you have to be impressed that this team (that looked like it was in danger of missing the playoffs entirely one year after making the Finals) will now have home ice advantage in their first round series against their cross-state rivals.

And just to show unity among Pittsburgh sports teams...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Kudos to Coach Dan Bylsma and the new look Penguins

RB, Dan Bylsma has renewed the Pens SC aspirations. If MT was still around, the Pens would be on the second tee by now.

One can only hope that the Rangers or 'Canes can step up and knock off a higher seed. If it goes 1 through 4 winning, I don't like the Pens chances in a second round tie w/the Bruins.

I think, if this makes sense, that the Pens stand a better chance in a Conference championship round w/Boston. The further the tournament goes, the more it becomes a battle of will. It helps that Gonchar is still reasonably fresh and that could be an even greater asset with each progressive round. And Kunitz and Guerin are flat-out winners. They were great adds down the stretch and could prove to be a better fit than even Hossa.

But, I still think the Pens need one of the 6-8 teams to come through in the first round.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Kudos to Coach Dan Bylsma and the new look Penguins

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    RB, Dan Bylsma has renewed the Pens SC aspirations. If MT was still around, the Pens would be on the second tee by now.

One can only hope that the Rangers or 'Canes can step up and knock off a higher seed. If it goes 1 through 4 winning, I don't like the Pens chances in a second round tie w/the Bruins.

I think, if this makes sense, that the Pens stand a better chance in a Conference championship round w/Boston. The further the tournament goes, the more it becomes a battle of will. It helps that Gonchar is still reasonably fresh and that could be an even greater asset with each progressive round. And Kunitz and Guerin are flat-out winners. They were great adds down the stretch and could prove to be a better fit than even Hossa.

But, I still think the Pens need one of the 6-8 teams to come through in the first round.
    In my other hockey thread, I predicted Carolina to knock off Jersey, because the Canes have been playing great down the stretch while the Devils have been floundering of late (the last game of the season...NJ 3 CAR 2...notwithstanding).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.