Thread: Bengals crap starting early!

Starter

User Info Menu

Bengals crap starting early!

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4027383"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4027383[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Bengals crap starting early!

Hopefully we'll get rid of Chad this offseason. He's still talented but at a certain point you need to move on...

Starter

User Info Menu

So much talent and ability wasted on such a moron.

He ought to be playing in the Arena Football League. Oh that's right, the AFL is not even playing in 2009. Even a better reason for him to move down one notch.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that issues like this get overblown. Look, I hated the HOF coat thing, and the supposed incident in the locker room during the Steeler playoff game. I also think that coming off of his worst season he would want to get to work to get back to being a top WR.

However, let us not make a player not showing up for a "voluntary" workout a major offense. Same goes for Owens. I still would not want to bring either player onto our team, but lets wait for the inevitable big incident before we jump onto these guys so hard.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    I think that issues like this get overblown. Look, I hated the HOF coat thing, and the supposed incident in the locker room during the Steeler playoff game. I also think that coming off of his worst season he would want to get to work to get back to being a top WR.

However, let us not make a player not showing up for a "voluntary" workout a major offense. Same goes for Owens. I still would not want to bring either player onto our team, but lets wait for the inevitable big incident before we jump onto these guys so hard.
    I'm fine with a player missing voluntary workouts as long as they are communicating with the head coach and the rest of the team about why they are missing the workouts. Dhani Jones is not at the start of voluntary workouts because of his show, Chinedum Ndukwe is in the NFL business program so he's not there as well.

That's all fine but when your not there and you're not letting the coaching staff know about it then I have a problem with it...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

if cincy and cj both had very good seasons last year it wouldnt be a big deal at all, but cj had an awful season and the bengals are a joke. at some point you have to clean house and start all over.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm glad he plays in our division. He is for himself and nothing beyond that. He is a true cancer to any team he is a part of.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.

I'm fine with a player missing voluntary workouts as long as they are communicating with the head coach and the rest of the team about why they are missing the workouts. Dhani Jones is not at the start of voluntary workouts because of his show, Chinedum Ndukwe is in the NFL business program so he's not there as well.

That's all fine but when your not there and you're not letting the coaching staff know about it then I have a problem with it...
    I agree with your point, but it does not say whether or not that is the case. Lewis did not speak about it.

I had the same stance when Burress skipped Mother's Day. My issue wasn't that he needed to be with his family, my issue was that he didn't call Cowher and let him know he wasn't coming.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=steeler_fan_in_t.o.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by "steeler_fan_in_t.o.":34heuqb8

I agree with your point, but it does not say whether or not that is the case. Lewis did not speak about it.

I had the same stance when Burress skipped Mother's Day. My issue wasn't that he needed to be with his family, my issue was that he didn't call Cowher and let him know he wasn't coming.[/quote:34heuqb8]

Lewis was asked a couple of days before the voluntary workout program started if Chad would be there, and he said he wasn't told otherwise so he expected Chad there.

Carson also stated that he called and left messages for Chad 10 or so times this offseason and Chad isn't calling him back....