Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In My NFL...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In My NFL...

Lets play a game brothers. In this game we can fantasize about how the NFL would work if we were in charge. Anything goes...only rule is that each post has to start with the words...

In My NFL...players would be rewarded for knocking the snot out of an opposing team member. Players who force a stoppage of play by being slow to get up are declared ineligible for the rest of that possession. Players scoring a decleater or other spectacular hit receive bonuses on their next game check. Official stats are kept on such hits with NFL and team leaders highlighted in the same way as rushing, receiving, and interception leaders.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: In My NFL...

In My NFL...the Pittsburgh Steelers have more Super Bowl victories than any other team.

Oh, wait. That's not just in my NFL. That is in everyone's NFL.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

I like this.

In my NFL....Rookies can only make 1 million in their first year and veterans can make a max of 5 million a year guarnateed. League min remains $300K. The remainder of the salary is incentive based and determined by the league on a position by position basis. Whatever pay matrix is worked out it should allow all positions to get paid nearly equivalent values. There should also be team bonuses such as money paid to the best defenses and offenses as a whole. These team bonuses come out of the NFL coffers not the particular team.

In my NFL....the QB has the same protections afforded to other players on the field and playing through the whistle is encouraged not penalized.

Starter

User Info Menu

In my NFL...

There would be no rules on what can be challenged for review or not.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel
    I like this.

In my NFL....Rookies can only make 1 million in their first year and veterans can make a max of 5 million a year guarnateed. League min remains $300K. The remainder of the salary is incentive based and determined by the league on a position by position basis. Whatever pay matrix is worked out it should allow all positions to get paid nearly equivalent values. There should also be team bonuses such as money paid to the best defenses and offenses as a whole. These team bonuses come out of the NFL coffers not the particular team.

In my NFL....the QB has the same protections afforded to other players on the field and playing through the whistle is encouraged not penalized.
    I like the rookie cap!

In my NFL...Stadiums will be named after franchise heroes and not sold as advertisments. Imagine everyone filing into Art Rooney Stadium for next years AFC Championship game.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In my NFL, no one could weigh more than 300 pounds.

In my NFL, there would be a rookie salary cap.

In my NFL, Harrisburg would be part of the Steelers TV area, NOT the stinkin, latecomers Ravens.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Acero

In my NFL... bye weeks would begin on the 5th week of the schedule and end on the 12th week. 8 weeks of byes, each week an entire division gets a bye; the following week, all the division teams play each other, that way there are no advantages for coming off a bye.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Acero
    In my NFL... bye weeks would begin on the 5th week of the schedule and end on the 12th week. 8 weeks of byes, each week an entire division gets a bye; the following week, all the division teams play each other, that way there are no advantages for coming off a bye.
    Simple. Effective. Realistic. That should be implemented yesterday.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

In my NFL if someone within an organization is involved in just one felony arrest, they would be banned from the league for life.

In my NFL there would be a salary structure that goes by how many years you have been in the league and then incentives. The more you reach, the more you make. But no $10 mil a year contracts. We are in a recession after all.

Legend

User Info Menu

In my NFL...

Underappreciated math teachers would get lifetime seats at Heinz for any game they want, including playoffs.

Knuckle heads like Chad Johnson would be gone.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]