Thread: Big Baby living up to his name....pooooor crapstains....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Big Baby living up to his name....pooooor crapstains....

Man-gina should have acknowledged the great Shawn Rogers the very moment he became the coach of the large steaming pile of dogsh!t. But nooooo, Man-gina disses the very core of this brown odorous heap and refrains from saying "Good evening Your Excellency" when he was first graced with His presence. Shame on Man-gina. I really hope things get better for him in Browntown
    [url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3997500[/url]
    Rogers-Mangini rift still unresolved

Apparently, the internal rift between Pro Bowl defensive tackle Shaun Rogers and new Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini remains unresolved.

According to a source, Rogers has been a no-show this week for the team's offseason workout program, which began Monday.

While the workouts are considered voluntary, Mangini has made it clear that he wants his players in attendance because it was his first chance to address the team in a group setting.

Mangini and Rogers have clashed for nearly two months when the coach initially refused to communicate with his star player, despite being in the same place on two separate occasions. Rogers didn't take the snubs lightly, as things escalated to the point where he asked to be released from his six-year, $42 million contract.

Rogers is guaranteed a $5 million bonus this month, making the player's release unlikely, and should earn an additional $950,000 in likely-to-be-reached incentives when he's on the field. Mangini has since attempted to reach out to Rogers, but his absence this week makes it clear that there is still much work to be done to patch up the relationship.

The eight-year veteran had one of his best seasons in 2008, registering 76 tackles and 4.5 sacks. The Browns finished 4-12 last season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Big Baby living up to his name....pooooor crapstains....

The guy is coming off of a great season last year and should be focused on finally becoming one of the premier DTs in the league. Instead the guy is pouting like a child and it will probably show on the field this year. He will revert to the inconsistent headcase that he has been his entire career.

Contrast that with his old running mate (or waddling mate) Casey Hampton. Hampton got publically slapped down this past off season by his coach. He was a training camp spectacle. Yes, it was largely his own fault, but how would a guy like Rogers have reacted in this same situation? Casey took the discipline, worked his way into shape - at least his version of in shape , and returned to the team without much hoopla.

No pouting, no whining about how unfair it is, no complaining about how other have received preferential treatment while a veteran pro bowler is publically humiliated. He just went out there and had a nice steady season. He did what he has been doing for the past 8 years. Nothing showy, nothing spectacular, just went out and anchored the #1 D like he does every year.

And when all was said and done, was there an "I told you so" out of Hampton? Nope, just quietly going along and doing his business.

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't blame Rogers. First of all, the NFLPA needs to step up regarding the voluntary workouts. Players should not be pressured to do something that is considered optional. If it is mandatory then call it a mandatory workout.
    Also, I would expect any new manager to come shake the hands and meet the members of his new team. I certainly did it when I took over as a manger. The idea that you don't have to at least acknowledge the new people that you work with is silly. This along with the Josh McDaniels nonsense are examples of ex Pats coaches all trying to be like Belichek. It comes across as disingenuous.
    Things tend to work out better when you act like you are your own man.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion
    I don't blame Rogers. First of all, the NFLPA needs to step up regarding the voluntary workouts. Players should not be pressured to do something that is considered optional. If it is mandatory then call it a mandatory workout.
    Also, I would expect any new manager to come shake the hands and meet the members of his new team. I certainly did it when I took over as a manger. The idea that you don't have to at least acknowledge the new people that you work with is silly. This along with the Josh McDaniels nonsense are examples of ex Pats coaches all trying to be like Belichek. It comes across as disingenuous.
    I don't disagree that Rogers was snubbed. Also, I don't disagree that workouts are either voluntary or mandatory, and should be accepted as such.

But I can see Rogers turning this into his own season-long soap opera that becomes a distraction to both his play and the team as a whole, instead of using this as motivation to turn up his play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The idea that you don't have to at least acknowledge the new people that you work with is silly. This along with the Josh McDaniels nonsense are examples of ex Pats coaches all trying to be like Belichek. It comes across as disingenuous.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    The idea that you don't have to at least acknowledge the new people that you work with is silly. This along with the Josh McDaniels nonsense are examples of ex Pats coaches all trying to be like Belichek. It comes across as disingenuous.
    Art Rooney SR knew every player on the roster. He spoke to them anytime opportunity presented itself. Players who made the team and those who didn't still speak of that today. I'd feel "dissed" if I was Rogers and I'd certainly feel "Dissed" if I were Cutler.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Starter

User Info Menu

I hope this doesn't mean they draft B.J. Raji.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Doesn't big baby play for the celtics? F this homo
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Doesn't big baby play for the celtics? F this homo
    being a c's fan i assumed this thread about glenn davis

Legend

User Info Menu

As a manager of a group in the real world, I take pains to connect with, and acknowledge my associates contributions since I cannot reward them monetarily like in the NFL. Yes, you acknowledge them, but you don't need to genuflect every time they enter the room. They are multi-millionaires that should not need the level of attention you guys are speaking of. Did all these players grow up watching "Jerry McGuire"?