Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Big 3 at OSU Pro Day

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: The Big 3 at OSU Pro Day

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    They attended the OSU Pro Day for the same reason as the WVU Pro Day. They could just get in their car and drive there. They didn't go to the Oregon Pro Day earlier this week because it is 2500 miles away. It is impossible to attend all of them, so they go to the close ones, and a select few others (like when Tomlin went to Florida State's Pro Day prior to drafting Timmons). Convenience, gentleman. Nothing more, IMO.
    I'll believe that if they all attend the Penn State pro day. All three took the 2.5 hour drive to Columbus and Alex Mack was not even there...

Seriously, some of you are talking like getting on a plane is that big of a deal. For them, it really is not a whole lot tougher than hopping in the car. They could fly out to Oregon, watch the Ducks pro day, and be back that evening. Granted, it would be more travel time than driving to Columbus, but not that much more...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    They attended the OSU Pro Day for the same reason as the WVU Pro Day. They could just get in their car and drive there. They didn't go to the Oregon Pro Day earlier this week because it is 2500 miles away. It is impossible to attend all of them, so they go to the close ones, and a select few others (like when Tomlin went to Florida State's Pro Day prior to drafting Timmons). Convenience, gentleman. Nothing more, IMO.
    When you have one of the "Big 3" at a Pro Day that requires getting on an airplane then that is news and those are the groups of players to pay attention to and try to figure out who they are interested in.

Local day trips are not as informative.
    Yea, well, then why all 3? You could be correct that it was just a reason for 3 coaches to get together and take a day trip, but, that's the entire football braintrust (sans Arians) at one Pro Day workout. I would have to think there is more of a reason than convenience, but, maybe not.

Pappy
    You said Arians and braintrust in the same sentence. That was funny.
    I wondered who would pick up on that. You were my 3 to 2 odds on favorite.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Boone could be the steal of the draft. He was a 2nd-3rd round projection before his arrest. I didn't think the Steelers would look at him because of it. He will be a RT in the NFL. His workouts at the combine were impressive. If this guy interviews well and cleans up his act he could be a steal in the 4th or 5th. I'm hoping they were also looking at Washington. A bit of a project but his athleticism is enough to take the chance.

Legend

User Info Menu

When you have one of the "Big 3" at a Pro Day that requires getting on an airplane then that is news and those are the groups of players to pay attention to and try to figure out who they are interested in.

Yea, well, then why all 3? You could be correct that it was just a reason for 3 coaches to get together and take a day trip, but, that's the entire football braintrust (sans Arians) at one Pro Day workout. I would have to think there is more of a reason than convenience, but, maybe not.

Pappy

Pappy
    Boo-yah! How ya like them apples, Jigawatts? MJG? Jooser? And the rest of you smart@$$es?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Boone could be the steal of the draft. He was a 2nd-3rd round projection before his arrest. I didn't think the Steelers would look at him because of it. He will be a RT in the NFL. His workouts at the combine were impressive. If this guy interviews well and cleans up his act he could be a steal in the 4th or 5th. I'm hoping they were also looking at Washington. A bit of a project but his athleticism is enough to take the chance.
    Washington also has some "issues" that might scare the Steelers a little. He spent the better part of two seasons in Tressel's doghouse.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy

Pappy

You da man.
    You just read it before me....cough.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

If bad word LeBeau also attended then it could be for LB James Laurinaitis
    You know- it'll be a little hard to justify it, but damn- if he's there at #32, Chadman would be all over that pick.

He's got 'Footballer' tattooed all over him- much like current ILB James Farrior.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Here is a video recap of OSU's Pro Day by the NFL Network........

[url]http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f40412[/url]