Thread: Stupid rats fan (redundant I know)

Legend

User Info Menu

Stupid rats fan (redundant I know)

says Burress was let go for free lancing with Ben.

[url="http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=196344"]http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=196344[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Stupid rats fan (redundant I know)

Even the Steelers fan isn't right about why Plax is no longer with the team. It wasn't because he was trouble, because here he wasn't. It was because the Steelers had a choice between him and Hines. They weren't going to invest that much money in one position.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletfire1970
    Even the Steelers fan isn't right about why Plax is no longer with the team. It wasn't because he was trouble, because here he wasn't. It was because the Steelers had a choice between him and Hines. They weren't going to invest that much money in one position.
    As I recall, it was both. They didn't want to put all the money into one position and Burress' attitude was the deciding factor. Remember him being a no show because of "Mother's Day" and whining about money and "having to feed his family" while riding around town in his Ford F650?

Legend

User Info Menu

Burres wasn't happy with the amount of touches and our run first philosophy....
    I didn't blame him at the time either.. most #1 WR's would have had the same attitude too..

The real problem with Burres though was he would make the tough catches and drop the easy ones..

but as we now see... he would have gone off the deep end regardless.. something is missing in this guys life. Self respect.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    The real problem with Burres though was he would make the tough catches and drop the easy ones..
    That was SOOO infuriating. Every easy catch he had, he would up making way more difficult by bobbling the ball. Even his first year or two in NYC, he couldn't catch anything cleanly.

Whatever though. Right choice.