Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Visit Thread

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Official Visit Thread

Greg Toler, CB, St. Pauls (In Virgina)

Toler told us in a telephone interview that he has upcoming visits with the Washington Redskins, Houston Texans, San Francisco 49ers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Minnesota Vikings, New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

[url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/27/st-pauls-toler-is-an-nfl-sleeper/"]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/ ... l-sleeper/[/url]
    Since it's PFT, you can probably file this under the "rumor" category...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Greg Toler, CB, St. Pauls (In Virgina)

Toler told us in a telephone interview that he has upcoming visits with the Washington Redskins, Houston Texans, San Francisco 49ers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Minnesota Vikings, New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

[url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/27/st-pauls-toler-is-an-nfl-sleeper/"]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/ ... l-sleeper/[/url]
    Since it's PFT, you can probably file this under the "rumor" category...
    I never even heard of this guy (or his school).

Scott Wright has him ranked as the 37th CB at draftcountdown.com.

Cornerback | Senior | St. Paul's Gregory Toler
    Height: 6-1 | Weight: 180 | 40-Time: 4.50

Career Statistics
    Year GP TKL PBU INT YDS
    2005 10 38 13 6 82
    2006 10 35 5 1 0
    2007 10 37 7 1 0
    2008 10 51 13 6 20
    Totals 40 161 38 14 102

nfldraftscout.com has him ranked at the 44th CB.

You'll love his college helmet, Jom:

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He even looks like the offspring of Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh if his hair was down. Geez....

I'll pass. Is this another Ricardo Colclough gem finding attempt? Its weird alot of teams are rumored to be meeting him...must have some skills...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Alphonso Smith’s Dance Card Filling Up Fast
    Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 27, 2009, 7:11 p.m.
    Highly regarded Wake Forest cornerback Alphonso Smith is in heavy demand from NFL teams, according to a league source.

Per the source, Smith is scheduled to visit the Oakland Raiders, New Orleans Saints, Atlanta Falcons, Denver Broncos, Minnesota Vikings, Tennessee Titans, Pittsburgh Steelers, and the New England Patriots.

Projected to be drafted within the first two rounds, Smith is an All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection who was named third-team All-American last season.

The instinctive 5?9?, 193-pounder has 4.47 speed in the 40-yard dash and a 34-inch vertical leap. The only real knock on him is a lack of ideal height.

Smith is the ACC’s all-time leader with 21 career interceptions.

Alphonso Smith
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Position: CB
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    College:Wake Forest

HEIGHT- 5'9"
    WEIGHT- 190
    40 TIME- 4.45

Pros: Playmaker all over the field..plays well above his listed size..has no problems getting his nose dirty in run support..has been very productive as a blitzer..Great natural athlete, able to flip his hips and cover recievers on the deep pass..very good ball skills..good vertical leaping ability..plays with that cb swagger
    Cons: Height..can get over aggresive at times due to gambling for big plays..needs to add bulk..has to learn to be more physical to compensate for his height..needs to develope a better jam technique..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Broncos are looking hard at Andy Levitre of Oregon State, who some feel is the best guard in this year's draft. Last week he had a private workout with Denver's offensive line coach at Pro Day and he will also visit the Broncos. Early last week he visited the Bills. In April, Levitre has visits set up with San Diego, New Orleans, Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

Andy Levitre
    Position: OG
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- College: Oregon St

HEIGHT- 6'3"
    WEIGHT- 306
    40 TIME- 5.25

Pros: Big guy with some girth. Has a lot of experience and against some of the better players in college. Uses his hands properly and gets a nice initial surger in run blocking. Good work ethic and will lead by example. Very smart and plays with a mean streak. Versatile as he has played every position on the line except center and has lots of strength and above average awareness.
    Cons: Needs to work on his initial punch as it is average at best. Not very athletic. Has to learn a new permanent position as he has played tackle primarily all throughout college. Big knock wil be the length of his arms. Will need to refine his techinique as his balance and ability to work in the open field will need some work.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Legend

User Info Menu

Former Florida State cornerback Tony Carter has visits set up with the Cowboys, Texans, Steelers and the Patriots.

Light up the darkness.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Bengals and the Rams have both shown a "tremendous amount of interest" in former Auburn guard Tyronne Green. He has already been on visits - or has visits scheduled - with ten teams: Bengals, Rams, Chargers, Ravens, Rams, Bills, Falcons, Seahawks, Steelers and the Chiefs.

Light up the darkness.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    The Bengals and the Rams have both shown a "tremendous amount of interest" in former Auburn guard Tyronne Green. He has already been on visits - or has visits scheduled - with ten teams: Bengals, Rams, Chargers, Ravens, Rams, Bills, Falcons, Seahawks, Steelers and the Chiefs.
    Whew...I'm glad to see it's Tyronne Green and not Tyrone Greene...I thought it was this guy!

Images by Tyrone Greene
    Dark and lonely on the summer night.
    Kill my landlord, kill my landlord.
    Watchdog barking - Do he bite?
    Slip in his window,
    Break his neck!
    Then his house
    I start to wreck!
    Got no reason --
    What the heck!
    C-I-L-L ...
    My land - lord ...

[url="http://snltranscripts.jt.org/81/81aprose.phtml"]http://snltranscripts.jt.org/81/81aprose.phtml[/url]

I think the Bengals would be MORE interested if it were.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

scout.com

C/G Eric Wood and DE Jarron Gilbert.
    Wake Forest CB Alphonso Smith
    CB Greg Toler of St. Paul's (Va.)

nose tackle Dorrell Scott Clemson
    Auburn guard Tyronne Green
    Florida State cornerback Tony Carter
    Andy Levitre of Oregon State G

So far we have.

Official
    CB Joe Burnett
    C Alex Mack
    WR/RS Mike Thomas

Rumor
    CB Keenan Lewis
    DT Sammie Lee Hill
    NT Dorrell Scott
    C/G Eric Wood
    DE Jarron Gilbert.
    CB Alphonso Smith
    CB Greg Toler
    NT Dorrell Scott Clemson
    G Tyronne Green
    CB Tony Carter
    G Oregon State

Non 30 Visit
    LB Scot Mckillop
    C C.J. Davis
    C A.Q. Shipley
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

USC DT Fili Moala told Scout.com that he plans to do a full workout at the school's Pro Day on April 1. The 6-foot-4, 305-pound lineman also said that the Chiefs, Chargers, Steelers, Cardinals, Broncos, Saints, Giants, Cowboys, Browns and Colts were among the teams that he had formal interviews with at the NFL Scouting Combine. So far, he's getting plenty of interest as a DT from teams that run a 4-3 defense and as a DE from teams that primarily use a 3-4 alignment. One of the teams he's already visited is the Buffalo Bills.

Light up the darkness.