Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 99

Thread: Official Visit Thread

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,394

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    scout.com

    Our senior analyst at Scout, Ed Thompson, provided some fresh news last night: The Steelers have scheduled South Side visits for Arizona WR/RS Mike Thomas (March 30-31) and Cal center Alex Mack (April 4-5). Mack, of course, has been a focus of every draft analyst who watched the Steelers' OL interior last season. He projects as an early second-round pick. Thomas projects to be a late second-round pick, and I'm certain the Steelers will look into the much-discussed shoving match with his coach during Arizona's bowl game
    So far we have.


    Official
    CB Joe Burnett
    C Alex Mack
    WR/RS Mike Thomas

    Rumor
    CB Keenan Lewis

    Non 30 Visit
    LB Scot Mckillop
    C C.J. Davis
    C A.Q. Shipley
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    1. Andrew Billings NT Baylor
    2. Karl Joseph SS WVU
    3. Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma
    4. Jonathan Jones CB Auburn
    6. Nick Kwiatkoski ILB WVU
    7. Dean Lowry DE Northwestern
    7. Deon Bush S Miami

  2. #12
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    26,239

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    Our senior analyst at Scout, Ed Thompson, provided some fresh news last night: The Steelers have scheduled South Side visits for Arizona WR/RS Mike Thomas (March 30-31) and Cal center Alex Mack (April 4-5). Mack, of course, has been a focus of every draft analyst who watched the Steelers' OL interior last season. He projects as an early second-round pick. Thomas projects to be a late second-round pick, and I'm certain the Steelers will look into the much-discussed shoving match with his coach during Arizona's bowl game
    I like all 3 of those guys as potential targets, but I have to question what this guy is smoking to consider Thomas to be a late second round guy (dude measured in at 5' 7 7/8" at the combine). I like Mack in the first and both Burnett and Thomas as mid-round targets. Maybe Burnett as early as the 4th (since many other teams are showing interest now) and wait to see if Thomas lasts until the 5th.


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  3. #13

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    I read on another forum that Dorell Scott has a visit scheduled. There was a quote provided, but no link, so I can't verify.

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,496

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    Sammie Lee Hill

    Little-known Sammie Lee Hill, a defensive tackle from Stillman College, quietly is getting noticed as the draft approaches.

    A league source tells us that Hill, who some think could be picked as high as round two, has scheduled visits with the Jets, Eagles, Buccaneers, Chargers, and Steelers.

    [url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/25/sammie-lee-hill-is-getting-around/"]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/ ... ng-around/[/url]

  5. #15
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    26,239

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Sammie Lee Hill

    Little-known Sammie Lee Hill, a defensive tackle from Stillman College, quietly is getting noticed as the draft approaches.

    A league source tells us that Hill, who some think could be picked as high as round two, has scheduled visits with the Jets, Eagles, Buccaneers, Chargers, and Steelers.

    [url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/25/sammie-lee-hill-is-getting-around/"]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/ ... ng-around/[/url]
    Nice...he's been on my radar since mock draft season started. I think maybe Colbert is reading the Ruthless mocks this year.


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  6. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Sammie Lee Hill

    Little-known Sammie Lee Hill, a defensive tackle from Stillman College, quietly is getting noticed as the draft approaches.

    A league source tells us that Hill, who some think could be picked as high as round two, has scheduled visits with the Jets, Eagles, Buccaneers, Chargers, and Steelers.

    [url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/25/sammie-lee-hill-is-getting-around/"]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/ ... ng-around/[/url]
    Nice...he's been on my radar since mock draft season started. I think maybe Colbert is reading the Ruthless mocks this year.
    Sammie Lee Hill...sounds like a serial killer.

  7. #17
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    26,239

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Sammie Lee Hill

    Little-known Sammie Lee Hill, a defensive tackle from Stillman College, quietly is getting noticed as the draft approaches.

    A league source tells us that Hill, who some think could be picked as high as round two, has scheduled visits with the Jets, Eagles, Buccaneers, Chargers, and Steelers.

    [url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/25/sammie-lee-hill-is-getting-around/"]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/ ... ng-around/[/url]
    Nice...he's been on my radar since mock draft season started. I think maybe Colbert is reading the Ruthless mocks this year.
    Sammie Lee Hill...sounds like a serial killer.
    Well, since Brady Quinn, Carson Palmer, and Joe Flacco can all be described as "flakes," I hope that he is a cereal killer! :P


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,394

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    as stated before

    * According to Scout's Clemson site, the Steelers will be hosting Clemson nose tackle Dorrell Scott in the coming weeks. I'm not so high on Scott, who appears to be late-round backup fodder


    So far we have.


    Official
    CB Joe Burnett
    C Alex Mack
    WR/RS Mike Thomas

    Rumor
    CB Keenan Lewis
    DT Sammie Lee Hill
    NT Dorrell Scott

    Non 30 Visit
    LB Scot Mckillop
    C C.J. Davis
    C A.Q. Shipley
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    1. Andrew Billings NT Baylor
    2. Karl Joseph SS WVU
    3. Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma
    4. Jonathan Jones CB Auburn
    6. Nick Kwiatkoski ILB WVU
    7. Dean Lowry DE Northwestern
    7. Deon Bush S Miami

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Sammie Lee Hill

    Little-known Sammie Lee Hill, a defensive tackle from Stillman College, quietly is getting noticed as the draft approaches.

    A league source tells us that Hill, who some think could be picked as high as round two, has scheduled visits with the Jets, Eagles, Buccaneers, Chargers, and Steelers.

    [url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/25/sammie-lee-hill-is-getting-around/"]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/ ... ng-around/[/url]
    Nice...he's been on my radar since mock draft season started. I think maybe Colbert is reading the Ruthless mocks this year.
    Sammie Lee Hill...sounds like a serial killer.
    Well, since Brady Quinn, Carson Palmer, and Joe Flacco can all be described as "flakes," I hope that he is a cereal killer! :P
    Someday you'll get that gig in the Catskills.

  10. #20
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    26,239

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    [quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":2imn24gp
    Sammie Lee Hill...sounds like a serial killer.
    Well, since Brady Quinn, Carson Palmer, and Joe Flacco can all be described as "flakes," I hope that he is a cereal killer! :P
    Someday you'll get that gig in the Catskills. [/quote:2imn24gp]

    I'll be here all week. Try the veal. Don't forget to tip your waitresses.


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •