Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 99 of 99

Thread: Official Visit Thread

  1. #91
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,189

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    So more confirmed for the list:

    Four more college players are visiting the Steelers today in the runup to next week's draft: wide receiver Travis Shelton of Temple, linebacker Spence Adkins of Miami, Fla., quarterback Nate Davis of Ball State and guard Andy Levitre of Oregon State.
    Can't figure Nate Davis since he will be a Round 3 or 4 pick. I'd rather they take Pat White if they really want a back up QB.
    According to this in-depth ESPN.com article, Davis' stock is tumbling because of a learning disability. Only one team (the Colts) sent anybody to his Pro Day work out (and that was because they were close by). One quote that was interesting was by Brady Hoke, former Ball State head coach (now at San Diego State): "Now I realize Ball State isn't the NFL but I haven't been around a quarterback with better pocket presence than Nate. And I recruited Tom Brady to Michigan when I was there." With the amount of heat that Ben gets (and gets away from), pocket presence is important for a backup QB if Ben gets hurt. If his stock is indeed plummeting and he can be had with one of our 7th round picks or as an UDFA, he would be an interesting guy to bring in to compete with Dixon and Batch.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...fri&id=4047057


    1 CB Vernon Hargreaves Florida 5-10 204
    2 DT Austin Johnson Penn State 6-4 314
    3 SS Jeremy Cash Duke 6-0 212
    4 LB Jaylon Smith Notre Dame 6-2 223
    6 WR Moritz Boehringer Germany 6-4 227
    7 OT Brandon Shell South Carolina 6-5 324
    7 RB Tre Madden USC 6-0 223

    UDFA
    DE David Onyemata, LB Ian Seau, FS Jordan Lomax, CB DeAndre Elliott,
    QB Jeff Driskel, TE David Morgan, OG Spencer Drango, OC Mike Matthews

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  2. #92
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,394

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    Official
    C Alex Mack (round 1)
    CB Vontae Davis (round 1)
    CB Alphonso Smith (round 1-2)
    C Max Unger (round 1-2)
    S Louis Delmas (round 2)
    DE Jarron Gilbert (round 2)
    G Andy Levitre (round 2-3)
    DT Fili Moala (round 2-3)
    OT Phil Loadholt (round 2-3)
    CB Sherrod Martin (round 2-3)
    LB Lawrence Sidbury (round 2-3)
    OG Herman Johnson (round 3)
    NT Dorrell Scott (round 3)
    DT Sammie Lee Hill (round 3-4)
    TE Richard Quinn (round 4)
    CB Joe Burnett (round 4-5)
    WR/RS Mike Thomas (round 4-5)
    QB Nate Davis (Round 5)
    CB Donald Washington (Round 5-6)
    G Louis Vasquez (round 5-6)
    DT Ra'Shon Harris (round 6-7)
    FB Frank Summers (round 7 or FA)
    CB Don Carey (round 7 or FA)
    WR Jason Chery (round 7 or FA)
    LB Spence Adkins (round 7 or FA)
    WR Travis Shelton
    DE Brandon Long

    Rumor
    DT Ron Brace (round 2)
    CB Keenan Lewis (round 2-3)
    CB Mike Mickens (round 2-3)
    C/G Eric Wood (round 2-3)
    G Tyronne Green (round 3-4)
    CB Tony Carter (round 7 or FA)
    CB Greg Toler (FA)

    Non 30 Visit
    C A.Q. Shipley (round 4)
    LB Scot Mckillop (round 4-5)
    C C.J. Davis (round 5-6)
    CB Ellis Lankster (round 7 or FA)
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    1. Andrew Billings NT Baylor
    2. Karl Joseph SS WVU
    3. Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma
    4. Jonathan Jones CB Auburn
    6. Nick Kwiatkoski ILB WVU
    7. Dean Lowry DE Northwestern
    7. Deon Bush S Miami

  3. #93
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,655

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    Hey CK--Here are the last three prospects to visit for the list

    Last three prospects visit Steelers
    Friday, April 17, 2009
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    The Steelers are entertaining their final three college prospects today before next weekend's draft. They are cornerback Ellis Lankster of West Virginia, cornerback Mike Mickens of Cincinnati and wide receiver Louis Murphy of Florida.

    A group of 30 college players have visited the Steelers' at their UPMC training facility since March 31, the limit allowed by the NFL.
    My rough count by position is:

    OL-7 prospects
    DL-5 prospects
    DB-8 prospects
    WR/TE-5 prospects
    LB-2 prospects
    QB-1 prospect
    RB-1 Prospect
    1.25 DT Vernon Butler, La Tech, 6’4” 323
    2.58 CB Artie Burns, Miami, 5’11” 189
    3.89 OLB, Alex McCalister, Florida, 6’6” 240-Jarvis Jones’ replacement
    4.123 S Jayron Kearse, Clemson, 6’4 216-hybrid type we could use in 3-3-5 defense
    6.220 OT Stephane Nembot, 6’7” 322-raw talent with ton of upside
    7.229 CB Brian Poole, Florida, 5’10” 210
    7.246 WR/KR Ed Eagan, Northwestern State, 5’ 10” 185-need WR depth and returner

  4. #94
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,189

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Hey CK--Here are the last three prospects to visit for the list

    Last three prospects visit Steelers
    Friday, April 17, 2009
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    The Steelers are entertaining their final three college prospects today before next weekend's draft. They are cornerback Ellis Lankster of West Virginia, cornerback Mike Mickens of Cincinnati and wide receiver Louis Murphy of Florida.

    A group of 30 college players have visited the Steelers' at their UPMC training facility since March 31, the limit allowed by the NFL.
    My rough count by position is:

    OL-7 prospects
    DL-5 prospects
    DB-8 prospects
    WR/TE-5 prospects
    LB-2 prospects
    QB-1 prospect
    RB-1 Prospect
    At least they are getting the positions right so far. This tells me that there will be multiple o-line picks, multiple d-line picks, at least one CB and probably a safety as well, a CB, and a couple of wildcard picks at the other positions. Works for me.


    1 CB Vernon Hargreaves Florida 5-10 204
    2 DT Austin Johnson Penn State 6-4 314
    3 SS Jeremy Cash Duke 6-0 212
    4 LB Jaylon Smith Notre Dame 6-2 223
    6 WR Moritz Boehringer Germany 6-4 227
    7 OT Brandon Shell South Carolina 6-5 324
    7 RB Tre Madden USC 6-0 223

    UDFA
    DE David Onyemata, LB Ian Seau, FS Jordan Lomax, CB DeAndre Elliott,
    QB Jeff Driskel, TE David Morgan, OG Spencer Drango, OC Mike Matthews

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  5. #95
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,655

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Hey CK--Here are the last three prospects to visit for the list

    Last three prospects visit Steelers
    Friday, April 17, 2009
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    The Steelers are entertaining their final three college prospects today before next weekend's draft. They are cornerback Ellis Lankster of West Virginia, cornerback Mike Mickens of Cincinnati and wide receiver Louis Murphy of Florida.

    A group of 30 college players have visited the Steelers' at their UPMC training facility since March 31, the limit allowed by the NFL.
    My rough count by position is:

    OL-7 prospects
    DL-5 prospects
    DB-8 prospects
    WR/TE-5 prospects
    LB-2 prospects
    QB-1 prospect
    RB-1 Prospect
    At least they are getting the positions right so far. This tells me that there will be multiple o-line picks, multiple d-line picks, at least one CB and probably a safety as well, a CB, and a couple of wildcard picks at the other positions. Works for me.
    If we drafted 2 OL, 2 DL, 2 DB, 1 WR, 1 LB and 1 RB I think they will have gotten it right. The visits line up to support that.
    1.25 DT Vernon Butler, La Tech, 6’4” 323
    2.58 CB Artie Burns, Miami, 5’11” 189
    3.89 OLB, Alex McCalister, Florida, 6’6” 240-Jarvis Jones’ replacement
    4.123 S Jayron Kearse, Clemson, 6’4 216-hybrid type we could use in 3-3-5 defense
    6.220 OT Stephane Nembot, 6’7” 322-raw talent with ton of upside
    7.229 CB Brian Poole, Florida, 5’10” 210
    7.246 WR/KR Ed Eagan, Northwestern State, 5’ 10” 185-need WR depth and returner

  6. #96
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,394

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    Official
    C Alex Mack (round 1)
    CB Vontae Davis (round 1)
    CB Alphonso Smith (round 1-2)
    C Max Unger (round 1-2)
    S Louis Delmas (round 2)
    DE Jarron Gilbert (round 2)
    CB Mike Mickens (round 2-3)
    G Andy Levitre (round 2-3)
    DT Fili Moala (round 2-3)
    OT Phil Loadholt (round 2-3)
    CB Sherrod Martin (round 2-3)
    LB Lawrence Sidbury (round 2-3)
    OG Herman Johnson (round 3)
    NT Dorrell Scott (round 3)
    WR Louis Murphy (round 3)
    DT Sammie Lee Hill (round 3-4)
    TE Richard Quinn (round 4)
    CB Joe Burnett (round 4-5)
    WR/RS Mike Thomas (round 4-5)
    QB Nate Davis (Round 5)
    CB Donald Washington (Round 5-6)
    G Louis Vasquez (round 5-6)
    DT Ra'Shon Harris (round 6-7)
    FB Frank Summers (round 7 or FA)
    CB Don Carey (round 7 or FA)
    WR Jason Chery (round 7 or FA)
    LB Spence Adkins (round 7 or FA)
    CB Ellis Lankster (round 7 or FA)
    WR Travis Shelton (FA)
    DE Brandon Long (FA)

    Rumor/Never Happened?
    DT Ron Brace (round 2)
    CB Keenan Lewis (round 2-3)
    C/G Eric Wood (round 2-3)
    G Tyronne Green (round 3-4)
    CB Tony Carter (round 7 or FA)
    CB Greg Toler (FA)

    Non 30 Visit
    C A.Q. Shipley (round 4)
    LB Scot Mckillop (round 4-5)
    C C.J. Davis (round 5-6)
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    1. Andrew Billings NT Baylor
    2. Karl Joseph SS WVU
    3. Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma
    4. Jonathan Jones CB Auburn
    6. Nick Kwiatkoski ILB WVU
    7. Dean Lowry DE Northwestern
    7. Deon Bush S Miami

  7. #97
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,189

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    There's your list of 30, folks!

    I guess those six rumored guys never visited our facility on the South Side. Perhaps the reports were of the Steelers showing interest by interviewing them at the combine or visiting them at their Pro Days rather than us inviting them to our place as an official 30 visit.


    1 CB Vernon Hargreaves Florida 5-10 204
    2 DT Austin Johnson Penn State 6-4 314
    3 SS Jeremy Cash Duke 6-0 212
    4 LB Jaylon Smith Notre Dame 6-2 223
    6 WR Moritz Boehringer Germany 6-4 227
    7 OT Brandon Shell South Carolina 6-5 324
    7 RB Tre Madden USC 6-0 223

    UDFA
    DE David Onyemata, LB Ian Seau, FS Jordan Lomax, CB DeAndre Elliott,
    QB Jeff Driskel, TE David Morgan, OG Spencer Drango, OC Mike Matthews

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  8. #98
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,394

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    Of our draft picks 4 did visit. A 5th was reported to have a visit lined up but wasn't official in CB Lewis.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    1. Andrew Billings NT Baylor
    2. Karl Joseph SS WVU
    3. Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma
    4. Jonathan Jones CB Auburn
    6. Nick Kwiatkoski ILB WVU
    7. Dean Lowry DE Northwestern
    7. Deon Bush S Miami

  9. #99
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,189

    Re: Official Visit Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Of our draft picks 4 did visit. A 5th was reported to have a visit lined up but wasn't official in CB Lewis.
    Yeah, it seems as if the official visit list was a pretty good barometer of guys they were truly interested in in the late rounds (4 of our last 5 picks, Burnett, Summers, Harris, and Shipley visited). You wonder about the fact that they did not bring in any of their top 4 guys in the first 3 rounds...did it just not fall how they expected for them, or was there some smoke-screening involved there?


    1 CB Vernon Hargreaves Florida 5-10 204
    2 DT Austin Johnson Penn State 6-4 314
    3 SS Jeremy Cash Duke 6-0 212
    4 LB Jaylon Smith Notre Dame 6-2 223
    6 WR Moritz Boehringer Germany 6-4 227
    7 OT Brandon Shell South Carolina 6-5 324
    7 RB Tre Madden USC 6-0 223

    UDFA
    DE David Onyemata, LB Ian Seau, FS Jordan Lomax, CB DeAndre Elliott,
    QB Jeff Driskel, TE David Morgan, OG Spencer Drango, OC Mike Matthews

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •