Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Oh boy. Matt Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    I forgot to add... bobby bobby bobby, digi digi digi..

That album was so corny it was good.
    lmao here. For some reason you're the last person I thought would be diggin the Wu Tang Clan, felt. Awesome.
    The Rza, Gza, old dirty bastard, inpsektah deck, ghostface, ugod, reakwon the chef and the method man!

Dude if you only knew.. I used to throw hip hop shows and college and have opened for a ton of acts.. Heiro, Black Star, the Roots.. Outkast, Dan the automator.. but the best show I ever threw and witnessed was Jeru the Damaja..

I have some stories that are beyond crazy..

the funny thing is I never thought YOU would be surprised I was a hip hop head when I clicked to read your comment.
    lmao, I guess that's just not how I had ya pictured for some odd reason. Personally, I've been known to pick up a mic at parties whilst intoxicated. Never threw any hip hop parties, but the Smokin Grooves show I went to is still up there as one of the best shows I've ever seen: Roots opening (before they got big), Erica Badu, Outkast, Cypress Hill, and George Clinton and the P-funk opening.

Good stuff.

Anyhow, yeah...Matt Jones is a cokehead.
    I grew up on old soul.. then got into rock and r n b.. but when I heard my first rap record it was a wrap. Funny thing is I was singing a Wu line "excuse me as I kiss the sky" and my mom was like....that's the Beatles.. so I went full circle and started digging in the crates trying to find the original records that were sampled.

[url]http://www.last.fm/music/Infectious+Organisms[/url]

I used to get down back in college...

Anyway....

Matt JONES!! should get another suspension for the probation violation shouldn't he?
    Jimi Hendrix was awesome when he was in the Beatles.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

I forgot to add... bobby bobby bobby, digi digi digi..

That album was so corny it was good.
    lmao here. For some reason you're the last person I thought would be diggin the Wu Tang Clan, felt. Awesome.
    The Rza, Gza, old dirty bastard, inpsektah deck, ghostface, ugod, reakwon the chef and the method man!

Dude if you only knew.. I used to throw hip hop shows and college and have opened for a ton of acts.. Heiro, Black Star, the Roots.. Outkast, Dan the automator.. but the best show I ever threw and witnessed was Jeru the Damaja..

I have some stories that are beyond crazy..

the funny thing is I never thought YOU would be surprised I was a hip hop head when I clicked to read your comment.
    lmao, I guess that's just not how I had ya pictured for some odd reason. Personally, I've been known to pick up a mic at parties whilst intoxicated. Never threw any hip hop parties, but the Smokin Grooves show I went to is still up there as one of the best shows I've ever seen: Roots opening (before they got big), Erica Badu, Outkast, Cypress Hill, and George Clinton and the P-funk opening.

Good stuff.

Anyhow, yeah...Matt Jones is a cokehead.
    SMOKING GROOVES, man i miss that tour!! One of the best concerts i have been to, Black Eyed Peas, Busta, Tribe, Cypress, Badu, Fugees.... I remember looking at the crowd during the Tribe set and everyone...EVERYONE was rapping word for word with Qtip..i was blown away. We didnt get the Roots or Outkast... I did catch the Roots in Austin but Rahzel wasnt there

Probably the best concert was Kid-N-Play, Heavy D, Digital, Public Enemy...this was when '911 is a joke' was popular. Great show....Heavy stole it from PE though.

ahhh, the good ol days.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

I grew up on old soul.. then got into rock and r n b.. but when I heard my first rap record it was a wrap. Funny thing is I was singing a Wu line "excuse me as I kiss the sky" and my mom was like....that's the Beatles.. so I went full circle and started digging in the crates trying to find the original records that were sampled.

Anyway....

Matt JONES!! should get another suspension for the probation violation shouldn't he?
    He was the 6th Beatle. Pete Best was the first 5th Beatle and Billy Preston was the second 5th Beatle. Surprised you didn't know that. :P

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Felt: My musical tastes are pretty eclectic. As far as rap goes, with me it started with Aerosmith/Run DMC "Walk this Way", then went to me owning a RECORD (lol) of Beastie Boy's "Licensed to Ill"...along with going to see Electric Boogaloo in the theaters...

ghetto: One of the best shows I've ever seen, even though I was so wasted by the time P-funk came on I only remember maybe one lyric.

STD: I'm sending La Coka Nostra over to your house to debate that whole "hip hop is dead" hypothesis of yours.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Well as far as I'm concerned, it was dead (as well as any form of rap) before it got started.

Some folks call it music. I'm not one of them. I'd classify it as an art form, but it's art that I don't care for.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

To each their own. IMO the only valid form of country music is Johnny Cash.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Starter

User Info Menu

As far as rap goes, with me it started with Aerosmith/Run DMC "Walk this Way", then went to me owning a RECORD (lol) of Beastie Boy's "Licensed to Ill"...along with going to see Electric Boogaloo in the theaters...

You're scarin' me man....that is pretty much how it happend for me. I remember listening to walk this way and having my mom drive me to the mall to get 'Raising Hell'...the week after that i was back at Hasting buying Whodini and Def Leopard....when i got home i put whodini in and it was over...never put that Def Leopard tape in.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Anyway....

He was the 6th Beatle. Pete Best was the first 5th Beatle and Billy Preston was the second 5th Beatle. Surprised you didn't know that. :P
    effen embarrassing.. she said Hendrix... I misspoke..
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Well as far as I'm concerned, it was dead (as well as any form of rap) before it got started.

Some folks call it music. I'm not one of them. I'd classify it as an art form, but it's art that I don't care for.
    that's cool.. it's not for everyone.. how about Kid Rock? He is hip hop to death.. dude is nice on the one and two's.. but he does the rap rock country thing..

If you saw my record collection I go from Fleetwood Mac.. to the Police to Brand Nubian and end it off with a little Stereolab. I can appreciate except for heavy metal and the fake country that is out there now..

Matt Jones is a head! Jimi Hendrix was in the Beatles.. LOL!!! He was a big fan of Eric Clapton though..
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

To each their own. IMO the only valid form of country music is Johnny Cash.
    Modern country music is just pop music with a "twang" to it.

that's cool.. it's not for everyone.. how about Kid Rock? He is hip hop to death.. dude is nice on the one and two's.. but he does the rap rock country thing..

If you saw my record collection I go from Fleetwood Mac.. to the Police to Brand Nubian and end it off with a little Stereolab. I can appreciate except for heavy metal and the fake country that is out there now..

Matt Jones is a head! Jimi Hendrix was in the Beatles.. LOL!!! He was a big fan of Eric Clapton though..
    I can't stand Kid Rock.

I'm a blues, blues/rock, singer/songwriter kind of guy. Throw in some R&B too...but not the stuff they call R&B today...that's not R&B. R&B stands for rhythm and blues. That Babyface stuff ain't R&B. R&B has horns and guitar. Think old Chicago. And funk. Good funk like Parliament Funkadelic and War.

Not into rap, country, metal (except OLD metal like Ozzie era Black Sabbath & the original Deep Purple), hair bands, electronica, punk, new wave, classical and a bunch of other categories. :P

Not that there isn't a song or two that comes along every now and then that I like that happens to fall into one of those categories, but for the most part I stick with the blues, blues/rock and singer/songwriters. I find the singer/songwriters I am into generally cover many genres of music, but they're not whole hog into it so I get a taste of different musical genres without being totally immersed into something I just don't like. A guy like Martin Sexton covers everything from blues to funk to gospel to R&B, country and more.

Now just because most of what I like falls into those genres doesn't mean I don't listen to stuff from other genres. I'm always trying to find new music that I like and I'll give anything a chance...but I pretty much know what kind of sound I like in my tunes.

I'm pretty particular...one of my friends calls me "The Critic" and not because I look like a cartoon version of John Lovitz either. I'm the same way with movies. Very particular and critical.