Thread: BMac is a Cardinal

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: BMac is a Cardinal

it wasn't a bad deal for either side.

it is, in effect, a 1 year deal for $5 mm-

the $5 million guaranteed means-

- if Bmac grossly under performs, the cardinals cut him with no hit
    - if he significantly outperforms the contract, the cardinals extend him prior to becoming a free agent.

- the only real risk to mcfadden is if he gets injured and is unable to showcase his abilities to other teams. Of course, this is a risk to every player, as nfl contracts are not guaranteed.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    I'm disappointed with our FO not matching that deal. I mean, give him that 2 year deal, if he outplays it, let him go get his payday in 2 years somewhere else. In the meantime, develop some youth at the position and give us the flexibility of drafting DL and OL.

Dumb move by our FO. That deal was very reasonable.
    iI think the Steelers are right..

Bmac isn't worth 5 mill a year... we don't run the type of D where our 2nd and 3rd CB's are franchised or lock down.. just smart and disciplined.
    I disagree - I think he is worth 5mil/year but the FO must think differently. Without a good 2nd and 3rd CB's, we probably don't beat the Cardinals in the Super Bowl or any team that has speedy weapons (i.e. The Colts, Patriots, and Arizona). Bmac closes well on come-back and curl routes and also has the speed to matchup downfield. He is also a solid tackler.

Also, give our pass rush credit too. You'd appreciate bmac a lot more if we didn't have the successful pash rush that we have. bmac is the second most athletically gifted CB on this team behind Ike. Also, why spend a 2nd round pick on guys like that if you just let them walk....

This is just a poor FO move.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    We have won 2 SBs in 4 years and that is terrific. That being said I don't think that means the team doesn't have areas it could improve upon. To think that doesn't mean your aren't a 'fan' or you hope for a losing season to prove your point. We are all fans of the same team but it wouldn't be much of a discussion board if we all agreed.

Now, based on what I saw last year from the SB champs is we got stuffed on a lot of 3rd and 1s and 4th and 1s. I also thought our pass protection was spotty at best. To me that means we need to improve the offensive line. The defensive line, while it played fantastic last year, is getting up there in age so I think it would be wise start bringing in new blood. So, in my opinion, we draft big uglies with a sprinkling of CB and WR/KR. I don't think we need to draft any LBs but re-sign Fox, who, besides being a standout special teams player, can be a starter on our team.

Granted, I am not an NFL GM but I did spend last night in a ... well, you know the rest.
    you are correct. However I think the way we have been operating regarding OL drafts and bringing in uglies has been successful... and when I say successful I mean the last team standing with the trophie 2 of the last 4 years..

I understand fans want the best OL in football.. but if you look at the best/better OL's in football you will see those teams have much bigger problems..

every team that has won a SB has had a weakness... our GM has picked his poison and it has paid of well...

Also.. "we have won 2 SB's in 4 years and that is great but..." is hilarious.. what fans get to say that so nonchalantly?
    Okay then, we have no weaknesses. In fact we don't even need to draft. When it's our turn on the clock we can just let the time expire. We are good to go for next year. After all, we don't need any new players. We have won 2 of the last 4 Super Bowls.

So what do you want to talk about? Did you see "Watchmen" over the weekend?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks like CB moves up on our priorty list... I'm thinking 3rd round, AT THE LATEST, now.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My thoughts on BMac his time here.

1. At best a solid #2 CB. Was he a product of a fierce pass rush? Great safety help?

2. Injure prone, has he ever finished a season with out an injury or missed games?

3. Gay played just as well, younger and cheaper.

4. Biggest play in his career was that knock down versus Indy. That was his rookie year, and only took him 4 years to win the starting job from Townsend. He never lived up to his perceived potential.

5. That 5 Million can be used on actually get us something more valuable in FA. A starting RG, a 3rd WR to compete with Sweed, a back up CB, DL, OL, or S.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george
    My thoughts on BMac his time here.

1. At best a solid #2 CB. Was he a product of a fierce pass rush? Great safety help?

2. Injure prone, has he ever finished a season with out an injury or missed games?

3. Gay played just as well, younger and cheaper.

4. Biggest play in his career was that knock down versus Indy. That was his rookie year, and only took him 4 years to win the starting job from Townsend. He never lived up to his perceived potential.

5. That 5 Million can be used on actually get us something more valuable in FA. A starting RG, a 3rd WR to compete with Sweed, a back up CB, DL, OL, or S.
    They could use some the money they considered paying BMac, and use it to put together a reasonable offer to retain Leftwich as a backup, since it appears that none of the teams that plan to have open QB competitions in camp are beating down his door in free agency (surprisingly). That, and maybe a veteran WR to compete with Sweed for the #3 WR role.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

We have won 2 SBs in 4 years and that is terrific. That being said I don't think that means the team doesn't have areas it could improve upon. To think that doesn't mean your aren't a 'fan' or you hope for a losing season to prove your point. We are all fans of the same team but it wouldn't be much of a discussion board if we all agreed.

Now, based on what I saw last year from the SB champs is we got stuffed on a lot of 3rd and 1s and 4th and 1s. I also thought our pass protection was spotty at best. To me that means we need to improve the offensive line. The defensive line, while it played fantastic last year, is getting up there in age so I think it would be wise start bringing in new blood. So, in my opinion, we draft big uglies with a sprinkling of CB and WR/KR. I don't think we need to draft any LBs but re-sign Fox, who, besides being a standout special teams player, can be a starter on our team.

Granted, I am not an NFL GM but I did spend last night in a ... well, you know the rest.
    you are correct. However I think the way we have been operating regarding OL drafts and bringing in uglies has been successful... and when I say successful I mean the last team standing with the trophie 2 of the last 4 years..

I understand fans want the best OL in football.. but if you look at the best/better OL's in football you will see those teams have much bigger problems..

every team that has won a SB has had a weakness... our GM has picked his poison and it has paid of well...

Also.. "we have won 2 SB's in 4 years and that is great but..." is hilarious.. what fans get to say that so nonchalantly?
    Okay then, we have no weaknesses. In fact we don't even need to draft. When it's our turn on the clock we can just let the time expire. We are good to go for next year. After all, we don't need any new players. We have won 2 of the last 4 Super Bowls.

So what do you want to talk about? Did you see "Watchmen" over the weekend?
    no problem discussing options... but when people say Colbert "dropped the ball..."
    or say..."other teams who are successful" I find it funny.

and no I haven't seen Watchmen yet.. I live in NYC and tickets are 12.50..
    so why not spend an extra 4 bucks to see it in IMAX? I'll try this weekend..
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Ooh...IMAX. I have yet to see a major motion picture in IMAX. I enjoy the nature documentaries at science museums, though.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Ooh...IMAX. I have yet to see a major motion picture in IMAX. I enjoy the nature documentaries at science museums, though.
    It's not like the science museum IMAX screens though...but the screen is huge.
    they had an Under the Ocean preview that was ridiculous.. looked like an LCD HD aquarium.

The Star Trek preview was off the hook..
    and I saw the Watchmen Preview and said I will never see a movie on a regular screen unless it's some indie art film..

yeah I watch those too...

wish I could see the Dark Night in IMAX but the wait was too long. That movie was off the hook.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"