Thread: STEELER DRAFT NEWS: Frank Summers, RB, UNLV

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

STEELER DRAFT NEWS: Frank Summers, RB, UNLV

I like the guy, I'm thinking he may be 5th or 6th round material...

RB Frank Summers, who was not invited to the combine, got a positive sign because of the presence of Steelers running backs coach Kirby Wilson. Summers checked in at 5-foot-9 1/8, 241 pounds and ran a 4.63-second and a 4.64-second 40-yard dash. He put up a 34.5-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot, 4-inch broad jump, a 4.35-second short shuttle, a 7.23-long shuttle and 30 bench press reps. - Gil Brandt NFL.com

03/06/09 - UNLV Pro day: The Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers sent two scouts and running backs coach Kirby Wilson, who worked personally with Summers on some drills. Pittsburgh could use a short-yardage back, and Wilson said Summers looks like the type of player who can move the line of scrimmage. "The guys that I've talked to -- the other running back coaches -- have all said he might be one of the more difficult guys to tackle that they've seen on film this year," Wilson said. He was most surprised by Summers' catching ability. "He really is rare," Wilson said. "You don't see that out of a big man much." Players who aren't invited to the combine aren't likely to get drafted, but Summers hopes to be the exception. "I can come in and take up three positions on one roster spot," Summers said. "I think it's huge. I can play fullback, I can play tailback, obviously special teams. I'm sure I could play defense if they needed me there, too." The Steelers were the only club to send more than one representative. Summers said the Indianapolis Colts' scout praised his preparation. - Mark Anderson, Las Vegas Review-Journal
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: STEELER DRAFT NEWS: Frank Summers, RB, UNLV

I could live with us using the pick we got from the Bucs for Mahan on a guy like "The Tank."

I'd prefer a pure blocking FB like Quinn Johnson, Brandon Southerland, or Tony Fiametta, but if Bruce Arians continues to refuse to run behind a powerful run blocking FB, he may prefer a guy like Summers, who is a better pass catcher and runner than the FB's I mentioned.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

feelthesteel

Man i hope we get that Frank the Tank RB-Bettis style

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ev5xHCX9I&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ev5xHC ... re=related[/url]

THE KIDS A MONSTER

feelthesteel

Ew i hope we get this kid

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I dont care who...at least they are thinking short yardage football.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

Might as well pencil him in the 7th if he's available.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

After reading his numbers he sounded like Michael Turner.

After watching that YouTube video he reminds me the The Refrigerator Perry on Steroids and Weight Watchers!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!