Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why the Pittsburgh Steelers Should Take Terrell Owens

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Why the Pittsburgh Steelers Should Take Terrell Owens

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Again - if Randy Moss can turn it around, why not TO? Or do you think that the NE coaches & players are better or more professional than ours?
    I don't think it was the players or coaches who turned Moss around. I think it was Moss who turned Moss around. TO has played for 3 different teams and hasn't turned himself around...because he isn't capable.

Again, the idea that other players or coaches can turn a guy like TO around or "control" him is a myth.

Btw, ASIAN...I just noticed this about your sig...shouldn't the Rams helmet be historically accurate?

Or weren't you able to find one that fit the format of the others you used?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":3bhzkh3g
    Again - if Randy Moss can turn it around, why not TO? Or do you think that the NE coaches & players are better or more professional than ours?
    I don't think it was the players or coaches who turned Moss around. I think it was Moss who turned Moss around. TO has played for 3 different teams and hasn't turned himself around...because he isn't capable.

Again, the idea that other players or coaches can turn a guy like TO around or "control" him is a myth.

Btw, ASIAN...I just noticed this about your sig...shouldn't the Rams helmet be historically accurate?

Or weren't you able to find one that fit the format of the others you used?[/quote:3bhzkh3g]

AND i whole heartedly believe T.O would turn T.O around in Pittsburgh. The environment on the south side wouldn't allow otherwise. T.O if signed and I highly doubt he is would do big things in Pittsburgh as a player.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Say you get T.O. at minimum.
    He comes in and grabs a doz TDs.

What happens next?

A mega drama about how he is being disrespected and should be getting more money.

It will end up being a disgusting drama and disgustingly entertaining to the rest of the league again..

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we somehow sign him and he comes in and catches 12 TD's and we win the Super Bowl fantastic. If he then starts being Capt. Drama we cut the man and move on...either way it's likely not going to happen but it's a interesting story line between now and the draft which seems like YEARS AWAY!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    If we somehow sign him and he comes in and catches 12 TD's and we win the Super Bowl fantastic. If he then starts being Capt. Drama we cut the man and move on...either way it's likely not going to happen but it's a interesting story line between now and the draft which seems like YEARS AWAY!

That's clarity at its best. We sign him for vet minimum, he does all the above to help us win our 3rd title in 5 years... worth the shot. Then we don't resign him. He leaves with that elusive championship ring and we win another title. I think that's a fair trade off. He's not going to be Capt. Drama his first season. He never is, its normally his second year with a team that the problems start.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not in favor of it. I am not a TO fan. I blame him for the problems that happened in Philly between him and McNabb, because I think McNabb is good guy. I don't like it when TO yells at teammates on the sidelines.

He did it in Philly and he was supposed to have matured when he went to Dallas and the same thing occurred. He is like the bucket with a hole in it. No matter how much you put in, it never fills up. I felt there were many times Romo tried to force feed him and it was still not enough. He constantly said they didn't throw it to him enough.

TO has to be the lead guy. He is not a role player. Some people seem to imply the Steelers don't have a good receiver, but I think of Hines Ward as a star receiver and Santonio Holmes is certainly a talented player who is capable of being a star.

So, would TO come in as the third receiver? I don't think you sit down Ward or Holmes to install TO as your starter. Also the Steelers might try to go back to the run next year with a healthy Mendenhall. TO wouldn't sit quiet for that. I don't think the people that the Steelers have have so different from other organizations to force him to change his character. It ain't going to happen anyway.

Legend

User Info Menu

Everyone is talking about the RISKS in taking T.O.

Fact is, just about everybody knows the risks.

The REWARDS to having him, for 1 year, could be HUGE. Chadman doesn't care what he does off the field- every team has guys that whinge & moan- T.O. is just so vocal that when he does it- the media jump in right away.

You add him, for 1 year, and you have one of the top 3 WR's in the league. Add to that Hines Ward & Santonio Holmes- with Ben throwing to them- who will stop that passing attack?

Will it happen?

No.

But Chadman would be excited if it did.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Drug addicts are addicted to drugs. They don't quit them unless they want to.

Alcoholics are addicted to alcohol. They don't quit alcohol unless they want to.

TO is addicted to his ego and the media. He's not quitting that unless he wants to.

Coming to Pittsburgh isn't going to change that. It's only going to change if he wants it to change. He's 35 years old now and it is quite obvious he isn't going to change. Randy Moss didn't change because he went to a good organization...he changed because he reached a point in his life where he decided it was time to change.

Seriously, if the Steelers ever brought in TO I would continue to cheer for the Steelers but I would cheer AGAINST TO. I mean that. He is bad news. Has been since the season after making that catch in the playoffs against the Packers.

He's a head case and a team destroyer. He's not one of the Band of Brothers and he doesn't deserve to ever be invited into that club. Ever.

People complain about athletes and their sense of entitlement. Those of you who are advocating for him to be brought in for "just one season because he's good and can help us win" are part of that problem. People like you are the reason athletes are the way they are. The message you are sending them is "I don't care that you're an egotistical jerk, you can help us win so you're welcome here." Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's the truth. You're part of the problem. People who say no to guys like TO are part of the solution. Unfortunately, there is always someone willing to be part of the problem.

The best thing that could happen to TO would be for every team in the league to say no to him. I'd sooner see Charles Johnson wearing 81 for us again that seeing TO wearing ANY number for us. And yes, I mean CJ now, not CJ then.

Lucky for me the Rooneys are classy enough to not even consider such nonsense as bringing in a dividing presence such as TO.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steel Life":2t8lfyo1

Or weren't you able to find one that fit the format of the others you used?[/quote:2t8lfyo1]

In addition to using the New School Rams helmet instead of the Old School Rams helmet that they wore in SBXIV, he did the opposite for Seattle. He used the Old School silver helmet instead of the New School blue helmet at the they wore in SBXL.

As for all of this T.O. to Pittsburgh garbage spew, I'm solidly in stlrz_d's corner. Desperate teams make a move like that. Not champions. We won the right way twice in the past four years. We will continue to win the right way. Without clowns like that.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

After signing a multi-million dollar contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers due to his great MVP performance in SuperBowl XLIV and helping the Steelers win an incredible 7th world championship, in a surprise move, TO then announces his candidacy for the presidential race in 2012..... errr, sorry. Wrong thread.