Thread: This team is looking awfully good right now...

Legend

User Info Menu

This team is looking awfully good right now...

Fifth straight win. They are 7-1-1 under new coach Dan Bylsma. Getting the mojo back. Now have a 3 point cushion between them and 9th place. Only one point behind Montreal for 5th seed! The game against Washington on Sunday should be a war. Ovechkin didn't play tonight, but I can't imagine that he would miss a game against the Pens.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: This team is looking awfully good right now...

Excellant! I love Penguin playoff hockey.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    Excellant! I love Penguin playoff hockey.
    Yeah, for a while there it wasn't looking good. To go from the Stanley Cup finals to out of the playoffs entirely would have been awful. Now, it looks like this team should not only qualify for the playoffs, but they could make some noise once they get there. The proverbial "team no one wants to play."
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They're flying right now Ruthless. The coaching change/signings really seemed to give
    this team a fresh start and a new energy. I'm looking forward to this game against the
    Capitals as sort of a measuring stick kind of a game. Ovechkin has owned them recently
    and it would be great to see the Pens come out of there with an Ovechkin smack down
    as well as a win.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    They're flying right now Ruthless. The coaching change/signings really seemed to give
    this team a fresh start and a new energy. I'm looking forward to this game against the
    Capitals as sort of a measuring stick kind of a game. Ovechkin has owned them recently
    and it would be great to see the Pens come out of there with an Ovechkin smack down
    as well as a win.
    Could you imagine a Pens-Caps playoff series? We owned them in the playoffs back when Gonchar was still in Washington, but there is a whole new intensity now. I can't think of another rivalry in any sport with as much vitriol between teams that are not even in the same division.