Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: White: ‘I would love to be a Pittsburgh Steeler’

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: White: ‘I would love to be a Pittsburgh Steeler’

White: ‘I would love to be a Pittsburgh Steeler’
    In related news, Chadman would also love to be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Chadman should be available in the late 4th round- much better value.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman

i was gonna mention that you would be available, but i figured since you had that run in with the dingo- you'd probably be on the board until the 6th.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL

i was gonna mention that you would be available, but i figured since you had that run in with the dingo- you'd probably be on the board until the 6th.

Yes, well you must take recent injuries into calculation...

What incredible value Chadman would be in the 6th!
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL

Yes, well you must take recent injuries into calculation...

What incredible value Chadman would be in the 6th!
    no doubt.

plus, the locker room would then have the added bonus of participating in meetings while you referred to yourself in third person. that would of course be hilarious to watch.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Personally I don't want to get into this discussion because my bias will clearly come out and I want to be a level headed voice. Pat White broke a couple of Randle El's records and is the all time leading rushing QB. He said he wanted to play QB, but would be open to whatever position he was asked to play.

Arians has already been quoted as saying we would draft a WR. I dunno if this would have an effect on drafting White but its something to think about.

Personally I was upset last year that we drafted Dixon because it most likely killed my dream of seeing White in Black and Gold. He is such a high character guy and a fighter he reminds me so much of the type of person the steelers target. Much like Owen Schmitt last year.
    I hear you... but as a PITT fan I have watched Pat White struggle anytime he is forced to be a passer. If it's 3rd and 15.. White is not completing a pass for a first down. They did try to pass more this year to get him more looks from scouts.. he has a decent arm but he is not accurate at all.

Those who say he is better then Dennis Dixon have never watched Dennis Dixon in college. He was in a spread option that passed a lot more then Pat White at WVU.
    Pat White is fast and shifty... but he gets hurt a lot and although they aren't serious injuries they cost his teams games.. I often wondered if he has the mental and physical toughness for the NFL. HE has the skills to be an ARE but he was a little soft when his team needed him. Let me say... Pat White was a beast and tore up the NCAA's.. but anytime WVU needed to win a game to get to the BCS championship.. White came up short and looked like Kordell Stewart on a bad day...

As a PITT fan I was highly disappointed with his play at home 2 years ago when they lost to a bad PITT team.. Pat sat out 2 quarters with a sore left wrist (his non throwing hand) and the refs tried desperately to keep WVU in the game.

No thanks... unless he is a 5th rounder and is willing to be another slash.

I'll say this.. anyone who like Pat White, watch the last 2 PITT games and you will see why he is not a good look for us as a QB.
    He passed 10 times in the 07 game. The game wasn't lost because of pat. The coach lost that game. But again I don't want to get into that argument.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pat White is not a QB in NFL.

I don't think Pat White can replace Dennis Dixon as a 3rd QB. Maybe they are looking at him as a WR/PR/KR guy then they can spend a 5th Rd pick on him.

I would prefer Steelers get a CB like Joe Burnett in 4th or a WR like D Williams in Rd 2 over Pat white for PR/KR duties.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller

He passed 10 times in the 07 game. The game wasn't lost because of pat. The coach lost that game. But again I don't want to get into that argument.
    wasn't won because of him either..
    sorry couldn't resist.

but seriously... how many times has Pat converted a long 3rd down through the air? Strangely enough, I'm a big fan of his when he doesn't play PITT.. and his accuracy is a problem. He throws a tight spiral but it's all over the place in game/pressure situations...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Pat had ZERO NFL quality WRs in his whole career at WVU also. So, I can't honestly say that his accuracy was a problem all the time when his WRs couldn't run a route to save their lives. Also, 70% of the offensive pass play calling was within a few yards of the LOS so, again, not all Pat's fault. You Pitt guys should lay off, after all how many BCS games or even Big Easy championships did you guys win while Pat was at WVU?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    Pat White is not a QB in NFL.

I don't think Pat White can replace Dennis Dixon as a 3rd QB. Maybe they are looking at him as a WR/PR/KR guy then they can spend a 5th Rd pick on him.

I would prefer Steelers get a CB like Joe Burnett in 4th or a WR like D Williams in Rd 2 over Pat white for PR/KR duties.
    I would prefer Steelers get a CB like Joe Burnett in 4th or a WR like D Williams in Rd 2 over Pat white for PR/KR duties
    I concur
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Pat had ZERO NFL quality WRs in his whole career at WVU also. So, I can't honestly say that his accuracy was a problem all the time when his WRs couldn't run a route to save their lives. Also, 70% of the offensive pass play calling was within a few yards of the LOS so, again, not all Pat's fault. You Pitt guys should lay off, after all how many BCS games or even Big Easy championships did you guys win while Pat was at WVU?
    ZERO ZILCH NADA and yet they beat Pat and WVU the last 2 years...

like I said earlier... I'm a fan of Pat White.. but the kid can't or should I say couldn't throw when forced to in college.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"