Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Something new to tick off Jay Cutler more than he already is

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by steelernation77
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    WTF!!???

This Browns fan from Cleveland called in and said he heard this on the radio in Cleveland...and the hosts on NFL Radio weren't sure how true this was but here is a potential rumor:

Browns trade Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers for Jay Cutler.

Good, get Rogers out of our path...
    Not good. Cutler has the potential to be a top 5 QB in this league. Hope it's a false rumor.
    Sounds to me like a Browns fan wet dream and not real. I don't know why Denver would want a QB more unproven than Cutler and a 30 year old DT who is a known malcontent.
    Of course, the Cleveland to Denver d-line pipeline has an even more extensive history than the Detroit to Pittsburgh free agent pipeline. Remember when the Broncos signed the entire Cleveland d-line in one off-season?

Yeah that was classic. They were so good together Shanny thought they could ball for him too

Well the Broncos signed Andra Davis (LB) from Browns this offseason...but then again they've signed free agents from 1/3 of the league, so chance were good that they'd get at least one $hit stain.

And while Cutler is good, I don't worry about the rest of the offense. We've faced the best qb's in the league and our D can manage to stifle them. Yet at times, huge D-lines ruin our game plan. I trust our D more than our O-Line...so Stains getting Cutler isn't terrible to me.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

If our division at Roethlisberger, Palmer, Flacco, and Cutler in it, it would be the best young QB division in the league bar none.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cutler is a scrub. I said it... he has a gun and has the potential but like Palmer.. he doesn't have the will to win. He is a media's wet dream as far as mechanics go... but until he puts a team on his back and wins a few games "when the team desperately needs it" I'm not convinced...

ESPN said Cutler would be great just like Romo... neither has met the expectations and these guys are only in the news because of ESPN expectations..

they are like Duke in NCAA basketball(the scrub Duke not the 1990's Duke)....
    every time they win a few game ESPN puts them back in the hunt..
    then when they lose a few... they come out with a story about potential or best of the rest to keep them in the light.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Scrub? In 2 years as a starter plus 5 games as a rookie, he has over 9000 yards passing with 54 TD's and 37 INT's. He's not some one year flash in the pan like Derek Anderson, and he's light years ahead of Brady Quinn at this point. If the Broncos were seriously considering trading him, I would have preferred that he went to an NFC like the Bucs or Lions as was rumored when the Cassel trade was going down. I'd prefer not to have another potentially elite QB in our division.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Scrub? In 2 years as a starter plus 5 games as a rookie, he has over 9000 yards passing with 54 TD's and 37 INT's. He's not some one year flash in the pan like Derek Anderson, and he's light years ahead of Brady Quinn at this point. If the Broncos were seriously considering trading him, I would have preferred that he went to an NFC like the Bucs or Lions as was rumored when the Cassel trade was going down. I'd prefer not to have another potentially elite QB in our division.
    Scrub.. I said it... he is not who they say he is. I don't care about his QB stats..
    I know he has a gun for an arm... but he yaps more then he wins.

Every year since he was drafted he is said to be this elite QB...

Flacco has done more in one year then Cutler has done his whole career.
    Cutler is going to be another Palmer... numbers but no wins to show for it.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've never seen anywhere that he was elite. They made a big deal about him in the draft...but last year was his first full year as a starter for cryin out loud. Scrub? His defense was worse than any Bung-hole defense that Palmer ever had to try to carry. You can't judge this guy on one year. Unfortunately he is changing coaches and probably systems, so it could hamper his progression a bit.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

I've never seen anywhere that he was elite. They made a big deal about him in the draft...but last year was his first full year as a starter for cryin out loud. Scrub? His defense was worse than any Bung-hole defense that Palmer ever had to try to carry. You can't judge this guy on one year. Unfortunately he is changing coaches and probably systems, so it could hamper his progression a bit.
    Actually, he's been the starter for 2 full seasons. The first he threw for nearly 3500 yards (20 TD 14 INT) and the second he threw for over 4500 yards (25 TD 18 INT). I liked his progress enough that I suggested hiring his QB coach Jeremy Bates (a young coaching prodigy who had a history working with Tomlin in Tampa Bay) to replace Arians as our O.C. After Shanahan was fired, though, Bates went to work for Pete Carroll as the O.C. at USC.

Legend

User Info Menu

Actually, he's been the starter for 2 full seasons. The first he threw for nearly 3500 yards (20 TD 14 INT) and the second he threw for over 4500 yards (25 TD 18 INT). I liked his progress enough that I suggested hiring his QB coach Jeremy Bates (a young coaching prodigy who had a history working with Tomlin in Tampa Bay) to replace Arians as our O.C. After Shanahan was fired, though, Bates went to work for Pete Carroll as the O.C. at USC.
    Cutler is another stat accumulator and it seems that's all he's destined to be. There's something about him that just says he won't or can't win a big game, kind of reminds of Romo. They both rack up yards, but, not big wins in December.

I'll stick with our hold the ball too long, throw into coverage, 2 time SB champion.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Cutler is another stat accumulator and it seems that's all he's destined to be. There's something about him that just says he won't or can't win a big game, kind of reminds of Romo. They both rack up yards, but, not big wins in December.

I'll stick with our hold the ball too long, throw into coverage, 2 time SB champion.

Pappy
    Oh, absolutely. I am by no means saying that he is in Roethlisberger's league. Far from it. Ben is unquestionably in the top 3, and Cutler has likely worked his way into the top 10 (with the Palmers and the Romos but still a long way from the truly elite QB's). I am just saying that he is a much better QB than Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson, and I would prefer it if he were not in the AFC North, because a guy with an arm like his can still be dangerous.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cutler may be an athlete, but he has proven himself to be a smoking gun, a clubhouse cancer. He basically ripped his defense on the Dan Patrick Show just before the Super Bowl. He's a showboat.