Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So is the McFadden signing really possible?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: So is the McFadden signing really possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Probably be a lot nicer weather in AZ. Thats about it though. They are going to suck this year after their Superbowl loss.

their stadium is off the hook.. loud as hell. I don't think AZ sucks this year if Warner comes back.. but I think the 49ers win the division this year and the only way I see AZ getting to the playoffs is winning their division.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    The $$$ isn't a problem. The Steelers have not touched and contracts for restructuring. Ward's contract will be restructured and I think that money is a wash because I think Harrison will eat that up. I don't think Hampton will be here past this year so there is no money there. I would be willing to say Keisel, Smith, Kirschke, Hoke, & Townsend are players they could look at to free up money. They all would be welcomed to retire here and tuning some contract into bonus and/or extending at a lower cap number could free up $$$ to extend Harrison, Miller, Clark, etc. However, I don't expect the Steelers to break the bank on McFadden. I don't think he will get more than Taylor on this team and I hear that is where he would like to be. There will not be a panic if he signs somewhere else until after the draft. Gay is the #2 and they will try to address in the draft. They will wait until the post draft wave of FA to address any other issues. We know that is how they work.
    I'd offer McFadden a contract equivalent to Taylor which is good because he is no where near as good as Taylor. Like has been said Gay proved he could be more than an adequete replacement if Mcfadden wants to get creedy versus just being unbelievably wealthy and winning championships.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    The $$$ isn't a problem. The Steelers have not touched and contracts for restructuring. Ward's contract will be restructured and I think that money is a wash because I think Harrison will eat that up. I don't think Hampton will be here past this year so there is no money there. I would be willing to say Keisel, Smith, Kirschke, Hoke, & Townsend are players they could look at to free up money. They all would be welcomed to retire here and tuning some contract into bonus and/or extending at a lower cap number could free up $$$ to extend Harrison, Miller, Clark, etc. However, I don't expect the Steelers to break the bank on McFadden. I don't think he will get more than Taylor on this team and I hear that is where he would like to be. There will not be a panic if he signs somewhere else until after the draft. Gay is the #2 and they will try to address in the draft. They will wait until the post draft wave of FA to address any other issues. We know that is how they work.
    I'd offer McFadden a contract equivalent to Taylor which is good because he is no where near as good as Taylor. Like has been said Gay proved he could be more than an adequete replacement if Mcfadden wants to get creedy versus just being unbelievably wealthy and winning championships.
    I heard the latest rumor was the Steelers made McFadden a new 5 year over the weekend. Also, Chris Carr is suposed to meet the Steelers tomorrow.

Administrator

User Info Menu

McFadden should be the #1 priority now with Nate getting signed by the Titans.

The Steelers have the money unless the Cardinels overpay for him. Sign bmac and lock up this secondary for years to come. You need at least 3 solid CB's. With ike, mcfadden, gay, townsend, polamalu, and Clark our secondary might be the deepest in the league.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re-signing Mac also opens up our draft options even more because we won't need to spend a premium pick on a CB.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Re-signing Mac also opens up our draft options even more because we won't need to spend a premium pick on a CB.
    Good point. Opening up draft options = even MORE priority on dl/ol. Let the cards use their pick on a cb. Yes, please

Administrator

User Info Menu

[quote=Mel Blount's G]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NW Steeler":u0fv1y7w
    Good point. Opening up draft options = even MORE priority on dl/ol. Let the cards use their pick on a cb. Yes, please[/quote:u0fv1y7w]

Exactly -- Yet another reason I want the Steelers to sign McFadden.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers should have broken with their tradition and re-signed McFadden back in midseason.

Starter

User Info Menu

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at PlanetSteelers.com you want me on that corner, you need me on that corner.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Steelers should have broken with their tradition and re-signed McFadden back in midseason.
    I disagree. I think that right around mid-season when he was starting he would have gotten more money than he will now. At that time he looked like our legit #2 and a guy who would be very much sought after in FA After he got hurt and returned he was sharing time with Gay. Also, he has checked out the market and found out that he is not as prized as he thought he would be. The Steelers have that leverage going into negotiations at this point.