Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is going to break out in 2009?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Who is going to break out in 2009?

Mister Pittsburgh -

Two players that I'm specifically looking at will be:

Martin Nance WR & Kyle Clements DL

Nance I know was resigned by the Steelers, but I don't know if Clements was or not. From what I remember reading in the Summer Clements was receiving praise from players (Aaron Smith) and coaches. I think he's a project and if he makes the team this season he's probably a break out candidate for 2010....but I think he's got some promise.

In regards to Nance - I think his friendship with Ben will give him extra opportunities.

L.B.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought Key Fox was a UFA.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull
    Mister Pittsburgh -

Nance I know was resigned by the Steelers, but I don't know if Clements was or not. From what I remember reading in the Summer Clements was receiving praise from players (Aaron Smith) and coaches. I think he's a project and if he makes the team this season he's probably a break out candidate for 2010....but I think he's got some promise.

In regards to Nance - I think his friendship with Ben will give him extra opportunities.

L.B.
    Didn't see either of those two listed on the Steelers site. I know Nance was Bens guy at Miami, Oh. and he is a big WR.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull
    Mister Pittsburgh -

L.B.
    Didn't see either of those two listed on the Steelers site. I know Nance was Bens guy at Miami, Oh. and he is a big WR.

I think both are on the expanded off season roster.

I remember the same thing about Clements and the players praising his work ethic. Just need to see if he has the talent to develop.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Kyle Clement was released. Maybe they'll get him back by the time camp opens.
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ALEX MACK
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!