Thread: Vick's Return

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Vick's Return

Check out this blurb:

Feb 23, 2009 10:21 PM CST
    Vick will have few suitors
    The News
    Yahoo! expects Michael Vick to draw the most interest from the Raiders, Cowboys, and Bengals once he is released from prison and re-instated in the NFL.
    Our View
    There's no guarantee that he would be re-instated by the league this season, but many seem to think that he will. There's little to no chance that he will have a starting quarterback gig next season, but he is believed to be the perfect athlete to run the "Wildcat" formation.

Raiders, Cowboys, Bungles huh? What a threesome...and of course that is expected from those teams to want a convict. I think the person who wrote this for Yahoo probably just speculates since these are the "usual suspects."

Honestly though, I think if a team wanted to take on the public outcries head on and just accept that they will be frowned upon, they get a decent prospect. I mean the guy wasn't the best thrower, but you just build an offense that suits his capabilities and expect him not to throw a ton. But I remember seing him doing some amazing things, and was pretty effective for Atlanta even if he wasn't an accurate thrower.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Vick's Return

Put him in Minnesota and let him run the option with Peterson. Who cares if they ever pass?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Check out this blurb:

Feb 23, 2009 10:21 PM CST
    Vick will have few suitors
    The News
    Yahoo! expects Michael Vick to draw the most interest from the Raiders, Cowboys, and Bengals once he is released from prison and re-instated in the NFL.
    Our View
    There's no guarantee that he would be re-instated by the league this season, but many seem to think that he will. There's little to no chance that he will have a starting quarterback gig next season, but he is believed to be the perfect athlete to run the "Wildcat" formation.

Raiders, Cowboys, Bungles huh? What a threesome...and of course that is expected from those teams to want a convict. I think the person who wrote this for Yahoo probably just speculates since these are the "usual suspects."

Honestly though, I think if a team wanted to take on the public outcries head on and just accept that they will be frowned upon, they get a decent prospect. I mean the guy wasn't the best thrower, but you just build an offense that suits his capabilities and expect him not to throw a ton. But I remember seing him doing some amazing things, and was pretty effective for Atlanta even if he wasn't an accurate thrower.
    He lit us up like a Christmas tree.

feelthesteel

Who let the dogs out!!! who who who who

Legend

User Info Menu

If he goes to the Bengals I want to see Deebo put the hurt on him twice a year.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    If he goes to the Bengals I want to see Deebo put the hurt on him twice a year.
    Trust me... He won't be with the Bungles... Mike Brown may be inept, but not that much...

Legend

User Info Menu

Seems sort of funny not to see the Ravens on the list of teams interested in this felon...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Seems sort of funny not to see the Ravens on the list of teams interested in this felon...
    They already have God's gift to underrated QB's and unibrows...

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.