Thread: It's great wearing Steelers clothes here in Cowboys Land

Legend

User Info Menu

It's great wearing Steelers clothes here in Cowboys Land

I wore my new "Six-burgh" T shirt to my son's swim meet today. Awesome bright gold, and black letters, I felt GOOD.

So then first this guy walks up to me, never met him before says "I like your shirt, man". Turns out he's from Pittsburgh, we talked about 10 minutes, it was awesome. Got to help him out too, he was looking for another swim team for his kids, I put him in touch with our coach.

Then this guy comes up to me and says, "Are you the only guys with 6?". Duh, but I was nice to him. He was a Cowboy's fan ("I think we've got five, we're right behind you!", he says). I was thinking , but I was nice and polite and just sort of made encouraging noises. He thought the Cowboys "imploded" this year, he blamed it on the coach, no fire in Phillip's belly he said(I was gonna say, get a real coach like ours, but I was being nice).

Then I couldn't help it, I said Jerry Jones probably likes having a weak coach. He said yeah, Jerry ought to appoint himself head coach for a year and see how he does. I was thinking and again. I said yeah, maybe he should bring Parcells back. The guy says "No he was too tough".

Typical Cowboy's fan. Wants to win but has no idea what it takes.

I hope they go for Ray Lewis!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: It's great wearing Steelers clothes here in Cowboys Land

Funny story...you meet all kinds.

I was at the Leafs game here on Thursday and was walking to get a drink during intermission wearing my leather Steelers jacket when we passed a table of guys sitting and having a few beers. One of the guys shouts out a comment like "boo Steelers" as I walked by. I looked at him as I was passing, smiled, and without breaking stride just held up six fingers. His buddies just started laughing and busting on him, "put you in your place" stuff like that.

As a friend said to me last week. We are kings for a year....enjoy it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A fellow co-worker whose husband is from PA came in the other night with a present for me. Her husband went home for the weekend and got some SB XLIII memorabilia and got me a 6 Time World Champions T-shirt. Yesterday I put it on (the wife and I were going out house hunting) and my 3 year old daughter about had a fit. She kept saying to her mother, "I want a Steeler Shirt like daddy's." We finally settled on one of her jerseys to pacify the situation. Through four houses we saw yesterday she kept saying "Is this the house we're going to live in Steeler Fan Daddy?" Quite humorous considering our realtor is a transplant from the New England area and a professed Cheats* fan. I love having bragging rights, for not only the year but also until someone reaches 6 to tie us. We are kings of all NFL fans.

Acero

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN
    I love having bragging rights, for not only the year but also until someone reaches 6 to tie us. We are kings of all NFL fans.
    The best part about it is we're more likely to win #7 before either Dallas or SF win #6, so I feel we have a pretty good cushion right now

Legend

User Info Menu

I was in San Diego yesterday dropping my boy off at his mom's. I go into a 7-11 and see that they had taken some beanies with the Chargers logo on it (remember it curves to the bottom, like a frown), and they had put two price tags in the place of eyes.

There is was, about 6 beanies, all frowning with the chargers logo, right behind the checker. Very funny.

Bummer my phone is junk and can't take pics anymore.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]