Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat White

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Pat White

Pat, he did throw. And he impressed. There is an article on SI about how he was the biggest surprise today. Everyone was saying he raised his stock the most here today. He only did QB stuff today. Mayock and everyone on NFL Network just kept talking about him. He is going to run routes and work out as a WR at his pro day at WVU. Check out SI though for that article.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Starter

User Info Menu

Snap Judgments: QBs at combine
    [url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/02/22/snaps.combine/index.html?eref=T1"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... ml?eref=T1[/url]

INDIANAPOLIS -- Musings, observations and the occasional insight as we wrap up Money Day at the NFL Scouting Combine, the day the quarterbacks show their stuff (at least the ones who deem to work out) ...

• Score one for collegiate experience and a little old-fashioned perseverance, because of all the quarterbacks who threw on Sunday in Lucas Oil Stadium, none looked better than West Virginia's Pat White, the record-breaking senior passer who many have been trying to project as anything but a quarterback.

White threw the ball accurately and with authority in his quarterback group, looking poised and comfortable in an unfamiliar setting that has thrown many a highly-ranked quarterback off his game. White was especially strong in throwing deep outs, which always catch the eye of NFL scouts.

"I'll tell you who looked good today and that was Pat White,'' one longtime NFL offensive assistant coach told me. "He really helped himself with that workout. He made people recognize him as a quarterback.''

In a draft class heavy with junior quarterbacks at the top, it was White who generated the most buzz Sunday. Not USC's Mark Sanchez, who was decent but far from spectacular, or Georgia's Matthew Stafford, the top-rated passer who ran a solid 40-yard dash (low 4.8s) but declined to throw here with the rest of the draft's quarterbacks.

White might still be thought of by some NFL talent evaluators as best-suited to be a team's Wildcat formation quarterback and part-time receiver, but all Sunday's throwing session has to do is convince one team to draft him as a full-time quarterback.

"He was sharp and he made all the throws you want to see,'' another NFL talent evaluator told me. "Our quarterbacks coach said he looked better than most people anticipated.''
    A future Hines Ward?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound45
    Snap Judgments: QBs at combine
    [url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/02/22/snaps.combine/index.html?eref=T1"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... ml?eref=T1[/url]

INDIANAPOLIS -- Musings, observations and the occasional insight as we wrap up Money Day at the NFL Scouting Combine, the day the quarterbacks show their stuff (at least the ones who deem to work out) ...

• Score one for collegiate experience and a little old-fashioned perseverance, because of all the quarterbacks who threw on Sunday in Lucas Oil Stadium, none looked better than West Virginia's Pat White, the record-breaking senior passer who many have been trying to project as anything but a quarterback.

White threw the ball accurately and with authority in his quarterback group, looking poised and comfortable in an unfamiliar setting that has thrown many a highly-ranked quarterback off his game. White was especially strong in throwing deep outs, which always catch the eye of NFL scouts.

"I'll tell you who looked good today and that was Pat White,'' one longtime NFL offensive assistant coach told me. "He really helped himself with that workout. He made people recognize him as a quarterback.''

In a draft class heavy with junior quarterbacks at the top, it was White who generated the most buzz Sunday. Not USC's Mark Sanchez, who was decent but far from spectacular, or Georgia's Matthew Stafford, the top-rated passer who ran a solid 40-yard dash (low 4.8s) but declined to throw here with the rest of the draft's quarterbacks.

White might still be thought of by some NFL talent evaluators as best-suited to be a team's Wildcat formation quarterback and part-time receiver, but all Sunday's throwing session has to do is convince one team to draft him as a full-time quarterback.

"He was sharp and he made all the throws you want to see,'' another NFL talent evaluator told me. "Our quarterbacks coach said he looked better than most people anticipated.''
    A future Hines Ward?
    No, it still sounds like he wants to be a Quarterback. Not doing WR drills at the combine which is more important than your pro day, doesn't help his case for a team like ourselves looking for a WR/KR.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I doubt Pat White lasts past the 2nd with his ability. Think ARE (and where he was selected) and you have Pat White.

Would love to have him. But the Steelers have other needs on Day One. A WR won't be one of those needs, much less a QB.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Starter

User Info Menu

After reading that article on White, I'm thinking Derrick Williams is a more likely option.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Don't we already have this guy on the roster, but he goes by Denis Dixon? I, for one, will be upset if we draft Pat White anywhere higher than 4th or 5th. If he's there that low, you have to take a flyer on him...

Not participating in the WR drills pretty much tells you what position he wants to play...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    Don't we already have this guy on the roster, but he goes by Denis Dixon? I, for one, will be upset if we draft Pat White anywhere higher than 4th or 5th. If he's there that low, you have to take a flyer on him...

Not participating in the WR drills pretty much tells you what position he wants to play...
    We have a number of areas we need to re-stock without selecting a 'luxury pick' like Pat White. We have players on this team that already could fill that 'Slash' type of role. Gimme some Big Uglies with a dash of CB thrown in.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!