Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McFadden says, Show me the money!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: McFadden says, Show me the money!

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN
    I just don't understand how someone who had only 8 passes defended and 2 ints in 10 games played can expect to get paid. He's not worth the cash. I think Gay will do quite well in his stead.
    I read somewhere that William Gay had 11 passes defended in 4 weeks when he filled in for BMac.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I know a lot of posters don't like him but Peter King had an interesting tid bit in his monday report today. He was talking to a GM about the recent ridiculous Raiders's signing and killing the cap. Basically the GM told King he's already spoken with a couple of agents and told them - "Don't even think about bringing up the Raiders contract in these discussions or they are over before they start". You just know all the other owners hate Al Davis. He was a total d!ck when he was young and now he's a senile, crazy d!ck.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

See ya.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz
    If he leaves, I hope he gets a huge contract. If he and Lefty leave to big contracts, we might get some good comps next year. We might also be able to get something from Washington. Some sites are listing him as one of the top FA WRs.

I also hope someone takes a big money gamble on Marvel, but I don't think it will happen.
    My sentiments exactly. I'd love to keep McFadden and Leftwich. I could take or leave Nate. But if they leave, the more money, the better.

I like McFadden, and I'd like to see the Steelers retain him. However, if he leaves, I think the bigger loss is not losing McFadden himself, but the diversion of resources from other areas of need. If McFadden leaves, CB becomes an area of need, along with the OL and DL. If Nate leaves, WR becomes a need area as well.

I really hoped that the Steelers could use the draft to rebuild along the OL and build youth on the DL. With McFadden leaving, corner has to be addressed in the draft (or by a mid/low level veteran FA).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz
    If he leaves, I hope he gets a huge contract. If he and Lefty leave to big contracts, we might get some good comps next year. We might also be able to get something from Washington. Some sites are listing him as one of the top FA WRs.

I also hope someone takes a big money gamble on Marvel, but I don't think it will happen.
    My sentiments exactly. I'd love to keep McFadden and Leftwich. I could take or leave Nate. But if they leave, the more money, the better.

I like McFadden, and I'd like to see the Steelers retain him. However, if he leaves, I think the bigger loss is not losing McFadden himself, but the diversion of resources from other areas of need. If McFadden leaves, CB becomes an area of need, along with the OL and DL. If Nate leaves, WR becomes a need area as well.

I really hoped that the Steelers could use the draft to rebuild along the OL and build youth on the DL. With McFadden leaving, corner has to be addressed in the draft (or by a mid/low level veteran FA).

Esq, I have to disagree with you here. Bmac is a marginal player and we have to say goodbye to the marginal ones, to insure we retain the services of the real horses in our stable (ie. James Harrison, Heath Miller....) Bmac will find happiness and cash elsewhere but when he leaves success will be gone. This franchise is truly special and we've seen it so many times, a player leaves to find greener pastures only to find mediocrity. The system is what augments the talent. Nate will likewise realize this.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We did just fine without Chris Hope, which was a very similar situation (a successful role player who was part of our TEAM that won the super bowl, and consequently had teams that were seeking the steeler formula throwing duffel bags of cash at him), and we'll do fine without b-mac. Great role players in our system but far from irreplaceable.

Nate may also find himself with an offer he can't refuse, maybe like Randle-El had, though I highly doubt it'd be that ridiculous

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is tricky.
    We have Ike for awhile.
    Deshea for a couple.
    We'll have to pay out for BMac or Gay either now or next season. How long before Gay is in this position. You can't afford 3 high priced guys. So They'll either keep BMac or Gay down the line. If they overpay BMac now, IKE may be back knocking on this door. As soon as we open the bank for another CB, Ike will be asking too.
    Gonna be tricky down the line, but entering with Ike, Deshea and Gay, we should be solid. We'll draft someone we like in rounds 3-5 and hopefully find someone we like. We draft 1 a year at minimum and have a decent success rate.