Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers could be interested in PSU Center

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers could be interested in PSU Center

I really like ex DLs that have moved over to OL. They tend to be way nastier.

Edit: Provided they are good OLs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    So what about his size is bad? I know nothing about PSU, 6'1 isn't that short. Is he light in the gut?

I would like to see Mack fall to us, but if he doesn't I guess we have to have a backup plan. Right now it looks like this guy is a 5th rounder.
    I think he is "only" 295-ish. And I don't think he can add much more bulk without getting fat and impeding his athletisicm.
    I kinda like small/quick guys that can use leverage at the center position.

Until they have to line up across from a Casey Hampton.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    So what about his size is bad? I know nothing about PSU, 6'1 isn't that short. Is he light in the gut?

I would like to see Mack fall to us, but if he doesn't I guess we have to have a backup plan. Right now it looks like this guy is a 5th rounder.
    I think he is "only" 295-ish. And I don't think he can add much more bulk without getting fat and impeding his athletisicm.
    I kinda like small/quick guys that can use leverage at the center position.

Until they have to line up across from a Casey Hampton.
    but we have a couple of other big nose-tackles in our division as well.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We need big and ugly O-Linemen. Steelers have to face big DTs in AFC North.

I feel Steelers should take a look at Duke if Mack is not available.

On another board there was some news that Steelers were seen talking with Alex Boone.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel

On another board there was some news that Steelers were seen talking with Alex Boone.
    Phil Loadholdt is 6'8" 343lbs. I'd rather see him than Duke. Even though he is tall for a Guard he is a mauler who physically dominantes like you want at Guard. Alsdo keep in mind that our QB isn't a classic sit in the pocket passer so having a tall Guard probably would effect him less than someone like Manning. Ben slides in the pocket. Could evolve into a a decent RT too.

Boone has a drinking problem. I can't see anyway the Steelers touch this guy. He will never make it with the pressure to perform in the NFL.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

Phil Loadholdt is 6'8" 343lbs. I'd rather see him than Duke. Even though he is tall for a Guard he is a mauler who physically dominantes like you want at Guard. Alsdo keep in mind that our QB isn't a classic sit in the pocket passer so having a tall Guard probably would effect him less than someone like Manning. Ben slides in the pocket. Could evolve into a a decent RT too.

Boone has a drinking problem. I can't see anyway the Steelers touch this guy. He will never make it with the pressure to perform in the NFL.
    The guard I like is Kraig Urbik out of Wisconsin, because you won't need to use your first round pick on him.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Steelers might take Phil in Rd 2.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

They would likely have to trade up in Round 2 to get him. If they sit at 2.64 then the most likely Guards available will be: Urbik, Levitre, Johnson or Canfield. The most likely Tackles available will be Kropog, Tupou or Watkins.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree!!! I think Loadholdt slides to the end of the 2nd. His workout won't be all that impressive. Make him a RT and move Colon inside.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

According to this site he is 304 and did 33 reps. Not bad...

[url="http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/combine/c.html"]http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/combine/c.html[/url]
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.